Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sell Model 3 and wait for tax change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold my 2018 M3 AWD with EAP and 21,000 miles to Vroom for 41,200. I received bids from Carvana and Carmax; they were within 1,200 of each other. I purchased the car as a new demo with 700 miles for 42,700 net of tax credit. Cheap driving for 27 months. I will eventually replace...but waiting to see if new tax credits are approved. The M3 was an extra car for me...looking for a PM3 next time. I loved the car but the offers are too strong to resist. Any news tax credit will hurt resale...big time.
I've got a 2018 LR RWD also w/ 21k miles and currently have a trade in offer for $38.8k. I purchased the car as a demo for $35.9k w/ 4k miles. It's our only car but technically we don't Need* it until end of end of August when we'll need it for work commute again. It would definitely suck to go without a car for a few months, especially when there's no guarantee of being able to receive a MY in a few months, but these offers are so damn tempting!