Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sell my 2019 m3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does changing suspension coils impact the height of the car? It might impact the warranty I think. Does anybody know any one who has done this ? We may go to MP and talk to them to understand what they do...

I have not had to do this, but I assume that the correct combo of springs and struts would not lower the car, the problem is locating this combo. There are many providers, you might check with Mountain Pass, they have something that might help you.

Reduced it to 42 but they did inflate up to 45 in the heat. Yes roads are severely uneven ride is jumpy up and down multiple times in a 20 min drive :(

40 is my comfort spot deepa. Had the car in the SC and they pumped them back to 42, and I could immediately feel the difference. And that is on good, smooth roads. Got home and immediately dropped them back to 40 once the tires were cold.

(And yes, the pressure will increase when they warm up, so always test when they are cold, or at least sitting for 4+ hours.)

40 is my comfort spot deepa. Had the car in the SC and they pumped them back to 42, and I could immediately feel the difference. And that is on good, smooth roads. Got home and immediately dropped them back to 40 once the tires were cold.

(And yes, the pressure will increase when they warm up, so always test when they are cold, or at least sitting for 4+ hours.)
ok!! Will check tom morning. Does reducing tire pressure have any other impacts (other than range/risk of flat tires)

yes, reduced tire pressure does cost you something in range. It should have a negligible effect on the risk of a tire puncture. (A softer tire will give a little more if you run over glass or a nail or some such.) Not sure it will much matter, however, if you run thru a pot hole.

ok!! Will check tom morning. Does reducing tire pressure have any other impacts (other than range/risk of flat tires)
I'd start at 42, or 40. If you go to 40, you will want to tell the car to reset the low tire pressure warning from the sensors. It's in the menu somewhere, that way it won't kick off on a cold evening, otherwise it may throw a low tire pressure if it's cold and they drop to 38. The target pressure is defaulted to 42 or 45 or something. You reprogam by adjusting the pressures then pressing the button.

The 3 is a bit bumpier than my volt which road very smooth even in streets under construction, but I don't consider the 3 a bad ride. The stiffer suspension helps you to stay planted and improves the handling, something that wasn't really needed for a car like the volt.

The nice thing about the new S's dynamic air suspension is that you can change how it reacts based on how your driving. You don't really need the stiffer suspension just driving down the freeway in a straight line. But the value in the 3 is insane, even if it isn't a perfect match. You might also consider writing your legislation to fix the roads, after all we are all paying the gas tax that was for road repairs.

Last edited:
I'd start at 42, or 40. If you go to 40, you will want to tell the car to reset the low tire pressure warning from the sensors. It's in the menu somewhere, that way it won't kick off on a cold evening, otherwise it may throw a low tire pressure if it's cold and they drop to 38. The target pressure is defaulted to 42 or 45 or something. You reprogam by adjusting the pressures then pressing the button.

The 3 is a bit bumpier than my volt which road very smooth even in streets under construction, but I don't consider the 3 a bad ride. The stiffer suspension helps you to stay planted and improves the handling, something that wasn't really needed for a car like the volt.

The nice thing about the new S's dynamic air suspension is that you can change how it reacts based on how your driving. You don't really need the stiffer suspension just driving down the freeway in a straight line. But the value in the 3 is insane, even if it isn't a perfect match. You might also consider writing your legislation to fix the roads, after all we are all paying the gas tax that was for road repairs.

I wish he had kept the suspensions the same across and just modified the range i.e. if air suspensions are smoother.

You should really set your Easy Access position. I was using it wrong for over a year before I realized how cool it really is.

Select the Easy Access profile then adjust your seat and steering wheel to the more comfortable position to exit the car and save the profile. I have mine adjusted to bring the steering wheel to the top position and in all the way and have my seat move back a little and all the way to the top position so I can just turn and slide right out.

Now whenever you put the car into the park it will move to that Easy Access position.
I adjusted my seat and easy access profile. Very thoughtful options I must say! Was easy getting in and getting out! Thank you

There are tons of former Prius and Leaf owners here. It seems like a minority of people here are coming from sports cars or sports sedans. I like the suspension tuning just fine but I can see the argument for having the option of smoother ride.

Of course you like it. From your pic it appears you are autocrossing a Miata. Our M3 is my wife's car and she came from a BMW sport wagon so handling etc is what she looks for. Me, my daily is a C7 Corvette Grand Sport so you know what I like.

The M3 is a hoot to drive. Handles well and has quick accelaertion. A Sports Sedan for sure.

• Love
Reactions: GSP
I totally get the OP. I did not test drive my P3D+ and that would’ve made a difference. We have been driving a Toyota Avalon for years and they are worlds apart in terms of comfort. I can’t even get my wife to drive in the car with me. Honestly, that’s OK by me. I love the car for many other reasons though even if it’s not the most comfortable car I’ve been in. It’s certainly the fastest and the most fun .

• Disagree
Reactions: Watts_Up
I admit to some initial confusion when hearing all the folks in this thread that want to sell their M3 because of noise/ride comfort experience. Yes, noise/ride comfort is highly subjective and I don't fault those who have an issue with it. My own experience comes from driving a 2006 Prius, bought new, for 12 years and still driving a 2014 Prius v. Those cars in no stretch of the imagination would be confused with a sports sedan. Comfortable vehicles with a lot of lean in the curves.

The M3 is a breath of fresh air, since driving for about 12k miles, it seems to have settled in nicely. I really hate having to switch driving between it and the Prius. Some day we might make the transition completely, but for now the Prius v has utility in it's favor.

Reactions: Dr. J and GSP