Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sell my P85D with Ludicrous and

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would somebody give 45K for a 65,000-mile 2014 P85D with Ludicrous, black, hardtop, one-owner, warranty in effect, new tires on 21" charcoal stock turbine rims, black premium seats, paint well was buffed out by pro two years ago and looks great, rear quarter if you look at right angle can see a small ding (from door?), got a new seat from Tesla 2 years ago and it looks nice, other seats hardly sat in, 0-60 MPH tried a few times after Ludicrous was installed and that's it.
Price might be too high, but getting down where I like my car better than the money. Have original sticker - was 130K plus 5K for Ludicrous. Has Performance Plus suspension. I don't know, might be better to keep it.

I also think $45k is doable with some patience with the current situation. P85Ds are still desirable but slowly this will shift to newer, facelift cars with not much higher asking prices.

$130k sticker on these seems mind blowing to me. This is not a popular opinion but I feel even the almost 50k I paid for my 2016 S is way too much for how these are built.

you're looking too low. you should be able to get ~50k
Thanks, the invoice was over $130,000, and then I paid $5,000 for the Ludicrous upgrade. I have noticed that the Ludicrous upgrade is very uncommon. Also, I recently paid $1600 for a set of new Michelin Pilot Sport tires, and $399 for a new lithium 12-volt battery. The paint is awesome on this car, as I had it professionally buffed a couple years ago to bring back the factory shine (black) and then have been careful to wash the car correctly so as to keep out the swirls and tiny scratches.

IMG_2254.JPG Notice P85D is underlined, for the Ludicrous option, which cost an extra $5,000 in 2016 from Tesla. Original invoice is over $130,000. The 21" charcoal turbine wheels have one scrape is all I can find. Been very careful with the car Premium seats look great, mostly just driver seat shows a little wear - it was replaced 2 years ago by Tesla under warranty.

just some tips,

whether people think your car is worth 45k or 50k, its better to start off higher than negotiate down. if you put it at 45k, dont expect anyone to offer higher than that.

also a lot of people seem to like to use Tesla's used cars as a way to appraise prices. in my opinion this is a terrible gauge. a lot of their lower priced cars are either in poor condition or missing a lot of options. they even deactivate AP1 on most of them to make the price look more appealing but it costs $3000 to activate.

some advantages of your car personally, it has transferable supercharging, premium connectivity, and it has ludicrous which is rare

Appreciate the tips, especially about Tesla inventory and using them as appraisals. I had wondered about that because I went to look at a used Tesla 2-3 years ago at a store, and the vehicle was fairly new - and the seats were awful, nothing I would buy. My car is so nice, and Tesla gives a trade-in offer without looking at my car in person, which makes me feel like I don't get credit for having a nice car - has been just one person in my car most of the time, They said they would look at pictures later and maybe give more, so I will not trade. I might keep it as a spare if it doesn't bring a decent price. I don't need the money, and I'm down 90 grand at this price, so maybe I just keep it in reserve.

just some tips,

whether people think your car is worth 45k or 50k, its better to start off higher than negotiate down. if you put it at 45k, dont expect anyone to offer higher than that.

also a lot of people seem to like to use Tesla's used cars as a way to appraise prices. in my opinion this is a terrible gauge. a lot of their lower priced cars are either in poor condition or missing a lot of options. they even deactivate AP1 on most of them to make the price look more appealing but it costs $3000 to activate.

some advantages of your car personally, it has transferable supercharging, premium connectivity, and it has ludicrous which is rare

When I bought my P85 from Tesla last month they activated AP1 and also let me know that this is their current procedure for all AP1 vehicles. The prior owner never paid for it. I only paid $29k for a car with 31k miles. Prices are tanking fast so if you get a solid offer, you shouldn't pass it up.

• Informative
Reactions: Iceh8r and Yurand
When I bought my P85 from Tesla last month they activated AP1 and also let me know that this is their current procedure for all AP1 vehicles. The prior owner never paid for it. I only paid $29k for a car with 31k miles. Prices are tanking fast so if you get a solid offer, you shouldn't pass it up.
Maybe you should have waited for further "tanking."