Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sell my P85D with Ludicrous and

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DSC_4662 copy.JPG With electrical lines in the background after a rain.

Would somebody give 45K for a 65,000-mile 2014 P85D with Ludicrous, black, hardtop, one-owner, warranty in effect, new tires on 21" charcoal stock turbine rims, black premium seats, paint well was buffed out by pro two years ago and looks great, rear quarter if you look at right angle can see a small ding (from door?), got a new seat from Tesla 2 years ago and it looks nice, other seats hardly sat in, 0-60 MPH tried a few times after Ludicrous was installed and that's it.
Price might be too high, but getting down where I like my car better than the money. Have original sticker - was 130K plus 5K for Ludicrous. Has Performance Plus suspension. I don't know, might be better to keep it.

Once again don’t let Tesla’s used cars be the determining value for your car. They will come with a 2 yr warranty that’s it for your yr etc. Also Tesla will not fix any cosmetic issues so owners must decline delivery or expect to pay on average $3k+ for simple body repairs, ie dents, dings etc.
What warranty do you have that’s not the standard 125k mile 8yr battery and motors? The
I would say the ludicrous may add some value but most have had their performance crippled due too “protecting the battery” bullshit. I would really find it interesting if you could see if yours has been effected since you have hardly used ludicrous. Also from my research 2014 P85D’s and P85DL’s seem to have a little better performance. Not sure why just something I’ve noticed. You do have the performance plus suspension which is nice plus the better rear seats as well. Your car is considered rare cuz of the ludicrous, however it might be tough to sell it unless you could show that it’s giving the performance that it was once was capable of. Such as 2.8 seconds 0-60mph 1ft. If you could show this that I think you could be closer to the $48-$49K range, and would be higher obviously if it didn’t have such high miles.
What are you getting at 100% SOC? Not a guess but if you could charge to 100% and take a date stamped picture that would be helpful considering the main reason your car and other 85 batteries have plummeted was do to the updates that crippled charging rate and range.
Your car New was advertised at 242 rated miles. So anything above that would be beneficial. If you’re able to find a 150kw supercharger and see what you’re pulling (above 100 and for how long) would also be helpful to show if it hasn’t been effected.
Than of course the condition is going to mean everything with the high miles. If it’s in great condition I think many owners may overlook the high miles. The car doesn’t have a ton of issues (P85D’s) and honestly with ludicrous the next buyer could probably get a new battery if it’s still capable of the performance ludicrous once added.
Have you replaced anything yet? Make sure to include anything that you have replaced since the most common issue is the screen, plus with the high miles I would assume you may have already had it fixed?
If you have an extended warranty for 100k miles until 12/2022 or 01/2023 than you can easily get around $48-$50k

Last edited:
Once again don’t let Tesla’s used cars be the determining value for your car. They will come with a 2 yr warranty that’s it for your yr etc. Also Tesla will not fix any cosmetic issues so owners must decline delivery or expect to pay on average $3k+ for simple body repairs, ie dents, dings etc.
What warranty do you have that’s not the standard 125k mile 8yr battery and motors? The
I would say the ludicrous may add some value but most have had their performance crippled due too “protecting the battery” bullshit. I would really find it interesting if you could see if yours has been effected since you have hardly used ludicrous. Also from my research 2014 P85D’s and P85DL’s seem to have a little better performance. Not sure why just something I’ve noticed. You do have the performance plus suspension which is nice plus the better rear seats as well. Your car is considered rare cuz of the ludicrous, however it might be tough to sell it unless you could show that it’s giving the performance that it was once was capable of. Such as 2.8 seconds 0-60mph 1ft. If you could show this that I think you could be closer to the $48-$49K range, and would be higher obviously if it didn’t have such high miles.
What are you getting at 100% SOC? Not a guess but if you could charge to 100% and take a date stamped picture that would be helpful considering the main reason your car and other 85 batteries have plummeted was do to the updates that crippled charging rate and range.
Your car New was advertised at 242 rated miles. So anything above that would be beneficial. If you’re able to find a 150kw supercharger and see what you’re pulling (above 100 and for how long) would also be helpful to show if it hasn’t been effected.
Than of course the condition is going to mean everything with the high miles. If it’s in great condition I think many owners may overlook the high miles. The car doesn’t have a ton of issues (P85D’s) and honestly with ludicrous the next buyer could probably get a new battery if it’s still capable of the performance ludicrous once added.
Have you replaced anything yet? Make sure to include anything that you have replaced since the most common issue is the screen, plus with the high miles I would assume you may have already had it fixed?
If you have an extended warranty for 100k miles until 12/2022 or 01/2023 than you can easily get around $48-$50k
Last time I did full charging my range went to 241. New, it went to 253. I remember that well. I was always gentle with my charging, like at home charging to 125-150 miles range, or around town driving that is mostly what I do. I also do not do 0-60 MPH runs, and never used that automatic feature for 0-60 MPH. Yes, the screen was replaced in February. I thought somebody might want a nice original owner car that is a Tesla fan and would be happy. I think you are right about price. My odometer is 65K. Tesla replaced the front driver's seat under warranty a year and a half ago so it is nice, see photos.

Reactions: Don TLR
FYI the EPA rated our 2015 P85D+ at 253 miles. I think the 2014 P85D was the same.

I haven't seen any range reduction from our Ludicrous upgrade to a P85D+... although it is much easier to burn electrons with the Ludicrous upgrade. :D

Love our P85D+. We have no plans of selling it until FSD becomes a reality and our house gets paid off... about the same time our P85D+ Tesla extended warranty expires. Until then living the dream and not experiencing FOMO from the newer Model S cars
!

You should definitely post picturep
FYI the EPA rated our 2015 P85D+ at 253 miles. I think the 2014 P85D was the same.

I haven't seen any range reduction from our Ludicrous upgrade to a P85D+... although it is much easier to burn electrons with the Ludicrous upgrade. :D

Love our P85D+. We have no plans of selling it until FSD becomes a reality and our house gets paid off... about the same time our P85D+ Tesla extended warranty expires. Until then living the dream and not experiencing FOMO from the newer Model S cars
!

The range for 2014 is 242 and 253 for 2015.
70964EB2-BB9B-48B7-87F4-45B1BF69AF00.jpeg

Last time I did full charging my range went to 241. New, it went to 253. I remember that well. I was always gentle with my charging, like at home charging to 125-150 miles range, or around town driving that is mostly what I do. I also do not do 0-60 MPH runs, and never used that automatic feature for 0-60 MPH. Yes, the screen was replaced in February. I thought somebody might want a nice original owner car that is a Tesla fan and would be happy. I think you are right about price. My odometer is 65K. Tesla replaced the front driver's seat under warranty a year and a half ago so it is nice, see photos.
Do you have an iPhone? If you do download PowerTools and see how many kw you get in ludicrous + with max battery ready. If around 450-460kw than you have one of the few ludicrous P85D’s with the true performance capabilities.
Also please explain the extended warranty you have.. Thx

The car looks great. Mine is midnight blue. I'd say keep the car and continue to enjoy it. Sounds like there is zero reason to part with it.
Thanks!! I appreciate the support of other owners. Sometimes I get the itch to sell, and I have a beautiful Model S with dual motors and Ludicrous. I would let another Tesla fanatic have it, figured they would appreciate the car. l would like a fair price. Otherwise, why sell? I also have dual chargers - forgot about that.

Thanks!! I appreciate the support of other owners. Sometimes I get the itch to sell, and I have a beautiful Model S with dual motors and Ludicrous. I would let another Tesla fanatic have it, figured they would appreciate the car. l would like a fair price. Otherwise, why sell? I also have dual chargers - forgot about that.

I know it’s a long shot, being a Texas car, but does it have the cold weather package?

Did the 2014 P85D's get a software update that increased their range to 253 miles like the 2015 P85D's ?

Aren't Early 2015 P85D's like ours with the Plus Suspension basically identical mechanically?

Just curious.
Yes any P85D built from 12/2014-04/2015 also has the plus suspension. Tesla tried to remove anything about it years ago when they changed them to the regular SAS. In attempt to discourage owners who didn’t get it from being upset. When it first came out they had a huge detailed explanation of the benefits of the plus suspension that they later deleted. A very easy way to tell is by checking the vin#. If it has a P in the sixth last digit than it has the plus suspension.

• Informative
Reactions: DeedleNick