Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sell you tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never heard of 'em. The fact that I don't see an option to buy the cars they buy is a bit of a red flag. How do they make money? Yeah, they buy cars. I get that. But what about selling them for a profit? Do they do so under a different name? Do they sell them to other sellers of cars directly at a discount or something? Doesn't make much sense. I see an option for "Fleet sales" but it doesn't go anywhere. Speaking candidly, I don't think I could have invested much less time to arrive at this conclusion though. I would defer to legitimate experience from trusted sources but, short of that, I'd proceed with caution or simply utilize one of the many other well-known options to sell a car.

I sold my 2017 Model S to Car Buyer USA. They offered $2k more than the other bids I received. Promptly paid my loan balance and wired the equity portion into my checking account. It did take them a week to inspect and retrieve the vehicle.

Reactions: WyomingEV
I recently tried to work with them...they did a bait and switch on the initial offer. They offered an amount pending inspection and then lowered the amount by $3K after the inspection. The car was pristine (year old) and the inspector said it was in showroom condition. The reason they gave was that I had PPF installed (full front end). The PPF was perfect and obviously a plus to have on it. They said most people don't want it on and it would have to be removed (???). I think the offer was bogus and they figured they would fine a reason to drop it and had to make up a reason when the car ended up in like new condition. Ended up selling to local dealer for more.

I recently tried to work with them...they did a bait and switch on the initial offer. They offered an amount pending inspection and then lowered the amount by $3K after the inspection. The car was pristine (year old) and the inspector said it was in showroom condition. The reason they gave was that I had PPF installed (full front end). The PPF was perfect and obviously a plus to have on it. They said most people don't want it on and it would have to be removed (???). I think the offer was bogus and they figured they would fine a reason to drop it and had to make up a reason when the car ended up in like new condition. Ended up selling to local dealer for more.
Same here. Offered on their site was $10k higher than what they offered.

Reactions: CTDW

Thanks for the info!

Hi there! Find My Electric here...we can comment on this.

So, CarBuyerUSA is a legit site as far as we can tell--they do buy a lot of vehicles (not just Teslas), and we've also heard that their offers come in at a pretty decent price.

That said, we've also heard some problems with them. Since they buy gas cars too, they aren't Tesla experts. We've also heard their customer service isn't too good (as stated in their Google reviews), and that the process can be kind of difficult.

A better solution? Request an offer from us--Find My Electric!

We are Tesla experts, and our Instant Cash Offer program is unique in that we bring multiple EV dealers (not random gas car dealers) together from around the country in one place to compete against each other and give you multiple offers!

You can also list your Tesla for sale on our site for free (or upgrade to a paid listing).

If you haven't requested an offer from us, you can do it in 2 minutes here!

We're also an approved TMC vendor--any questions, feel free to reach out!

Thanks, I will check this out.

Reactions: FindMyElectric