TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Selling advice?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by newbie1235, Jul 3, 2016.

1. newbie1235

newbie1235 Member

Probably in the wrong place but what's the best way to sell my Tesla privately?

I haven't used the 4 year service that I paid for. The loan is at 1.24% with 4 years left and have heard some people are able to just transfer the finacinng?

Is eBay and autotrader good places to try?

2. BriansBucketList

I had really good luck with Beepi. I ended up with a check for the low end of private sale value, but far above trade in or wholesale. Just visit Beepi.com. I'd use them again. They will make an offer, explain how they came up with the number, and try to sell it for a month. If it doesn't sell, they buy it from you. B

3. liuping

liuping Active Member

I used Autotrader. It worked for me. They will keep the ad running until it sells, so that is nice.

Transferring the loan will add complexity to the transaction, that is probably not worth it. I suggest paying off the loan yourself before selling it (make sure you have the clear title before trying to sell, it will really help) or have the buyer take out a new loan, and pay yours off with the sale.

4. newbie1235

newbie1235 Member

Cool thanks guys. Tried beepi but they are not in the New England area.