Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Arachnid Rims & Founders Series Powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone--

First off, I am not entirely sure where to post this thread. I imagine shipping for the rims and Powerwall will be quite expensive/difficult so I chose the Midwest thread. Mods: feel free to move this post if need be.

Anyhow, Tesla responded to an email of mine today, informing me that because of my 14 successful referrals, I am qualified for: a Tesla Leather Duffel, Owners Jacket, and Arachnid Rims (these are Phase 5 prizes which I am supposed to receive "mid to late February") as well as a Tesla carry-on, Tesla over-ear headphones, an invitation to take a VIP tour of the Fremont Factory, and a limited edition Founders Series Powerwall (which are Phase 6 prizes that should "be available in the months following").

Of these prizes, it seems only the rims and Powerwall would be time/cost-effective for me to sell. So, if anyone has any interest, please let me know.

In case anyone is wondering why I am interested in selling these prizes, I have limited use for either of them and am planning to put a significant amount (more than half) of any funds from these sales towards gifts for those responsible for my successful referrals in the first place.

Unless I am later given an option to change the shipping destination, everything will be shipped to my residence in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Therefore, if you live close by, I can probably drop off the prize(s) or, if you do not live close by, I'm sure we can figure out an efficient manner of delivery.

Best regards and happy motoring,
Dan

Hi everyone--
First off, I am not entirely sure where to post this thread. I imagine shipping for the rims and Powerwall will be quite expensive/difficult so I chose the Midwest thread. Mods: feel free to move this post if need be.

Anyhow, Tesla responded to an email of mine today, informing me that because of my 14 successful referrals, I am qualified for: a Tesla Leather Duffel, Owners Jacket, and Arachnid Rims (these are Phase 5 prizes which I am supposed to receive "mid to late February") as well as a Tesla carry-on, Tesla over-ear headphones, an invitation to take a VIP tour of the Fremont Factory, and a limited edition Founders Series Powerwall (which are Phase 6 prizes that should "be available in the months following").
Best regards and happy motoring, Dan

Remember that the awards are delivered based on Tesla Time ... I am still waiting for my Arachnid wheels from the Phase 4 program :cool:

Hello all--

Just posting to reply to a few posts as well as several PMs.

Thank you all for your consideration. As of right now, I haven't decided on a price for the prizes and am waiting to do so until I get further information from Tesla. It seems that some of these prizes might take longer to arrive than expected (Tesla time, of course), but I'll post an update on the forum when I hear more.

Remember that the awards are delivered based on Tesla Time ... I am still waiting for my Arachnid wheels from the Phase 4 program :cool:

Thank you very much for this feedback. Tesla said in the email they sent me this weekend that my Phase 5 prizes should be available "mid to late February." However, after reading your comment, I have decided to hold off on selling my prize(s) until I get further--and more definite--confirmation as to the delivery date(s). I still plan on updating this forum as I hear further details from Tesla.

Many people are in the same boat.

Also realize that the Powerwall weights 264 pounds un-crated, so it might need two or three people to move around/load/unload, etc.

Thank you for this information. Fortunately, I'm quite a bit on the younger side, so it shouldn't be too problematic for a few friends and me to transport the Powerwall if necessary (although obviously this isn't preferable). Also, I own a truck for towing specialty cars during the summer, so I should be sufficiently equipped to drop off the Powerwall close by if need be.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to speaking with you all soon,
Dan

Hi everyone-- First off, I am not entirely sure where to post this thread. I imagine shipping for the rims and Powerwall will be quite expensive/difficult so I chose the Midwest thread. Mods: feel free to move this post if need be. Anyhow, Tesla responded to an email of mine today, informing me that because of my 14 successful referrals, I am qualified for: a Tesla Leather Duffel, Owners Jacket, and Arachnid Rims (these are Phase 5 prizes which I am supposed to receive "mid to late February") as well as a Tesla carry-on, Tesla over-ear headphones, an invitation to take a VIP tour of the Fremont Factory, and a limited edition Founders Series Powerwall (which are Phase 6 prizes that should "be available in the months following").

Of these prizes, it seems only the rims and Powerwall would be time/cost-effective for me to sell. So, if anyone has any interest, please let me know. Best regards and happy motoring, Dan

Dan, what are you asking for the Arachnid wheels?

The full set of Arachnid wheels arrived this week from the May 30, 2016 - July 15, 2016 program ... it was worth the one year wait!

View attachment 235623
View attachment 235624
View attachment 235627
View attachment 235628
View attachment 235629
View attachment 235630

IMG_6842.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chibi_kurochan