Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling brand new 22" Model X wheels (full set with tyres)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As part of Tesla's founding referral program, Tesla has given me 4 OEM 22" Onyx black wheels with the factory issued Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres.

They've never been mounted or tried on any X's.

Anyways, I have no need for these as I already have them on our X.
For those of you who wanted to upgrade to the 22", this is the discount/bargain you've been waiting for.
Make me a reasonable offer. :)

As part of Tesla's founding referral program, Tesla has given me 4 OEM 22" Onyx black wheels with the factory issued Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres.

For those of you who wanted to upgrade to the 22", this is the discount/bargain you've been waiting for.
Would you take $4000?

@mauri the tyres alone are AUD$3,000 not fitted or balanced.....the wheels are around $8,000 (or more, can't remember) brand new from Tesla....I would have thought AU$6k would have been a reasonable office....hold out @Isa2411 you'll get at least a minimum of AUD$5 for them.....

Update:
As it turns out the wheels are AUS$10,000 in the states before shipping them from the USA to AUS, GST etc.

22inch Wheel Set.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest!

@mauri $4k is too low at the moment.
For those with these rims, they can attest how easy these can be scraped, so yes, at that price, like @EcoCloudIT said, I might as well keep it.

@JULKLM to be transparent with you, when I posted this, I was hoping to get $6k. But I am willing to let it go for $5.5k if it means being sold sooner than later.

I’m open to offers.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Thanks for you input @Grenadine appreciate your point of view.
What I’m selling is also BRAND NEW, just to be clear. Never been mounted to any X.

I’d argue that if you were buying an X now, get the standard wheels, buy these and swap it when you get the X.. the 22” will end up costing only ~$3k as you can sell the factory 19” and offset the $$ for this.

As pointed out in this thread, you can buy 22” as part of new order for $8k, order new set for ~10k or get aftermarket knockoff for ~3k.

So for legit wheels, there’s a $3-5k savings for someone. That savings is a full set of new tyres when time comes around.
So for a new set of genuine Tesla wheels, I don’t think the price stated is unreasonable :)

@Grenadine $8k option before LCT of 30% makes them $10,400 if you buy with car...if you buy aftermarket then with GST they are $9,500.

UPDATE: the 22" are now $11,000 inc GST from Tesla if bought after car purchase (includes last week price hike)

At $6,000k, or even @Isa2411's price drop of $5,500, that represents a 42% discount for brand new wheels and rims (or only $775 per rim if you take out the cost of the tyres which are brand new)....

Facts are fact, let's not distort by conveniently leaving out:
  • What the wheels cost after car purchase (now AUD$11,000 with GST)
  • LCT on top of the $8,000 if you buy the wheels at the time of car purchase

If one doesn't think the wheels are worth $2,750 per rim/tyre (tyres being 25% of the cost) when buying from Tesla then that is a different matter, but at $5,500 total price that is $1,375 per rim/tyre with the tyre being now being 55% the total cost per rim/tyre set!....seriously good deal actually...may consider buying myself @Isa2411

Just my 2 cents....

Last edited:
Reactions: baillies

If they are part of the referral program they will have TPMS and should have fitting included.