Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling December 2018 Model 3 in Arlington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View media item 119489
- Asking price is $43,600
- You won't get the $3,750 tax credit since you will be the second owner so I discounted the car by $5500
The deafening silence is because that exact build is $43,000 brand new from Tesla right now, after the recent price drop. And that’s before the tax credit, so effective price for that car brand new is $39,250. You might need to rethink the “positive equity”.

Actually for those interested, the above guys are talking about the standard trim with standard interior

This car is the mid range trim with premium interior, so price drop was 1100 not 6100
Sorry but no, they are right on the money with the prices. A brand new 2019 Model 3 Mid range with Premium interior with autopilot, black paint and the black interior with those Aero wheels costs $43k new, then less the Federal and State credits. So the guy in NY is correct when he says new in NY is only $37,500. The price drop is correct, the base car would then be $5000 less, costing him around $32,500 with the options available on base cars. Transportation is a cost on any car, new or used, so that is not relevant in this comparison.

Last edited:
Then you check the FSD box and voila... 48000

tesla.com
Yours is not FSD though. I’m only agreeing with their numbers being correct. You have it advertised as EAP. Enhanced AP is not FSD. I’m not bashing, I’m just saying you can add $5k but it doesn’t make sense to add for something that’s not there. A year ago before there were hundreds of Model 3’s for sale and they were much more expensive you could sell them and not loose as much but they are like any other used car now, they depreciate the minute you buy them. Plus after the big price reduction and new cheaper Model 3’s the value is what a new one costs less the depreciation.

Last edited:
The options on my car pre-date these changes that splits enhanced autopilot into "autopilot" and "FSD"

Look at the description of the limited "autopilot" and how little it does... Look at the description of what "FSD" does... and then be me (the owner of the car) and see that it has the "FSD" capabilties (at least navigate on autopilot, autopark, summon) .

Look, I don't want to argue with you guys, I totally get why you're saying these things. We've read the same materials on EAP, FSD, etc. The market is the market. If nobody buys the car then so be it.

Thank you to everyone in the thread so far for contributing

Last edited:
The options on my car pre-date these changes that splits enhanced autopilot into "autopilot" and "FSD"

Look at the description of the limited "autopilot" and how little it does... Look at the description of what FSD does... and then be me (the owner of the car) and see that it has the "FSD" capabilties.

Look, I don't want to argue with you guys, I totally get why you're saying these things. We've read the same materials on EAP, FSD, etc. The market is the market. If nobody buys the car then so be it. I usually laugh at people in those Internet forum back-and-forths, now look where I am.
No problem, EAP is not FSD and will not be. You can pay the money to upgrade to it but that would make no sense. The new autopilot is the biggest part of EAP but just doesn’t summon or take the exits. The FSD promise is the driving without input from driver. They are promising a bunch of new FSD features but I wouldn’t spend the money on them until I see them and you were wise to not have either, still EAP is not FSD. The point of a forum is the back and forth constructive comments, that’s what I’m doing.

Reactions: jbf123