Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Selling" Lease or Transfering Lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi There. Just wondering if anyone on the forum has had experience with either selling their lease (to swapalease or similar) or transferring their lease via Tesla. I have a model Y with the no buyout option in the lease, but from what I can tell some third party dealerships are also able to buy. Any info is appreciated.

Hi There. Just wondering if anyone on the forum has had experience with either selling their lease (to swapalease or similar) or transferring their lease via Tesla. I have a model Y with the no buyout option in the lease, but from what I can tell some third party dealerships are also able to buy. Any info is appreciated.

You might be able to transfer it to someone else, but tesla is not allowing buyouts (even third party ones) right now. (see the last few pages of the above thread).

TL ; DR - No, you cant sell your lease of model 3 or Y to a third party dealer (or anyone else) since October 28th of this year. Since there is no buyout option for you as well, you cant buy it and sell it either. You might be able to transfer it but thats it.

Upvote 0

You might be able to transfer it to someone else, but tesla is not allowing buyouts (even third party ones) right now. (see the last few pages of the above thread).

TL ; DR - No, you cant sell your lease of model 3 or Y to a third party dealer (or anyone else) since October 28th of this year. Since there is no buyout option for you as well, you cant buy it and sell it either. You might be able to transfer it but thats it.
Are Tesla dealers allowed to buy them?

Upvote 0
Are Tesla dealers allowed to buy them?
There is no such thing as a tesla dealer. Tesla Delivery centers deliver cars to people, and many times are combined with Tesla Service centers which repair teslas.

You can do an early lease turn in to Tesla, sure, but that isnt "selling" it, its doing a early lease turn in, with all the fees associated with that.

Upvote 0