Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling M3? What do I need to know?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New job unfortunately means my M3 is going to find a new home soon. Anything unique I need to know selling a Tesla private sale?

Do I run some kind of factory reset? Also, I heard there may be a bit of a challenge of the new buyer getting the App setup on a new account. Is this true? Any work arounds?

New job unfortunately means my M3 is going to find a new home soon. Anything unique I need to know selling a Tesla private sale?

Do I run some kind of factory reset? Also, I heard there may be a bit of a challenge of the new buyer getting the App setup on a new account. Is this true? Any work arounds?

Nothing special u can do a factory reset and clear your info ...once car is sold Tesla will need to add new owner info so app will work ..selling an M3 just be cognizant of many changes (price/features) that a owner can get buying new ..ie fed tax credit ..assuming you price correctly you should be able to sell easily ..it’s typically when an owner try’s to ask an unreasonable price that makes it difficult to sell

Nothing special u can do a factory reset and clear your info ...once car is sold Tesla will need to add new owner info so app will work ..selling an M3 just be cognizant of many changes (price/features) that a owner can get buying new ..ie fed tax credit ..assuming you price correctly you should be able to sell easily ..it’s typically when an owner try’s to ask an unreasonable price that makes it difficult to sell
Thanks. Someone mentioned they read it took "months" for the new buyer to get the application setup and paired to sold vehicle. Has anyone experienced this? Seems a bit strange as I recall my app and wife's getting setup same day, but not sure if there is some kind of "tear down" process that has to occur with the prior owner. Can this be done same day?

• Love
Reactions: TigaFF
Thanks. Someone mentioned they read it took "months" for the new buyer to get the application setup and paired to sold vehicle. Has anyone experienced this? Seems a bit strange as I recall my app and wife's getting setup same day, but not sure if there is some kind of "tear down" process that has to occur with the prior owner. Can this be done same day?
I went through this 3 months ago when i purchased an ‘18 M3 from a private party.

Whole transfer process took about 3 weeks to complete with Tesla.