Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Model 3 reservation

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
I am awaiting for tesla approval to sell my reservation for Model 3. I just was wondering if anyone is interested to get it.

Just get a refund, no idea why you would bother trying to sell it. Anyone can get a tesla within a few days to a couple weeks tops. So the short answer is, no, no one would be interested in buying a reservation because there is absolutely zero need to reserve a tesla unless its a model Y, and for model Y anyone can reserve it now.

Tesla has proven that reservations dont mean "that much" as far as queueing when cars are actually delivered so. you reserve so you can be one of the first.

Unless... you are somewhere in a country they have not rolled out yet?

Maria 788

Mar 24, 2019
campbell
Just get a refund, no idea why you would bother trying to sell it. Anyone can get a tesla within a few days to a couple weeks tops. So the short answer is, no, no one would be interested in buying a reservation because there is absolutely zero need to reserve a tesla unless its a model Y, and for model Y anyone can reserve it now.

Tesla has proven that reservations dont mean "that much" as far as queueing when cars are actually delivered so. you reserve so you can be one of the first.

Unless... you are somewhere in a country they have not rolled out yet?
Thank you! I see that I have read old posts from 2017. Will try to get me deposit back. I hope it won't be difficult.

swaltner

Oct 13, 2012
Kansas, USA
This user has been posting irrelevant threads. Mods please ban.

"irrelevant threads" as in more than one? That seems rather difficult since they posted twice in this thread and have 2 total posts. Kind of difficult to post in more than one thread if every one of their posts is in this thread. (This is all assuming a mod hasn't deleted other posts outright already and removed those from their post count.)

Seems like a simple misunderstanding caused by them reading old thread on people selling reservations, which, even a year ago, was of questionable value.

srs5694

Jan 15, 2019
Woonsocket, RI
"irrelevant threads" as in more than one? That seems rather difficult since they posted twice in this thread and have 2 total posts. Kind of difficult to post in more than one thread if every one of their posts is in this thread. (This is all assuming a mod hasn't deleted other posts outright already and removed those from their post count.)

She started another thread that seems to have disappeared, complaining that she couldn't get a Model 3 for less than $65,000.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC