Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Model S and Buying Model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soon to be new Model Y owner dropping in to say hello. After 152,000 trouble free Model S miles I'm making the move to a new inventory Model Y Performance. I ended up pulling the trigger on a blue with white interior i found in orlando just a few moments ago. I was going to wait for the new model s but I couldn't justify paying an additional 20k.

I've been watching the Tesla inventory activity over the last two weeks or so and it's been amazing watching the number of cars that have shown up on Tesla site disappear within minutes as the cars are purchased almost immediately.

One of the things I learned in this process is that inventory cars with FSD can be ordered without it, reducing the asking price shown on the Tesla site by 10k.

I look forward to learning from the MY veterans here and enjoying this new car!

Reactions: Mr X
Congrats on the new car. We are practically neighbors. The inventory purchases have been crazy to watch. That is the route we ended up going.

The MY has a lot going for it. I think it is a better option than the MX for sure. TBH though, if the new MS was available now, I would have bought it and possibly passed on the MY. As it is now, we have the MY LR and had originally ordered the MYP. We bought the MY LR so we'll have something to tow with and sort of hold me over until the MS shows up.

We have ended up enjoying the MY a lot more than we originally thought.