TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Selling Model X Spot

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by 2016ModelX-4sale, Mar 15, 2016.

1. 2016ModelX-4sale

2016ModelX-4sale New Member

We received our invitation to start configuring and are selling our spot for best offer. Message if interested.

2. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I look forward to reading the positive support you will get in this endeavor. Enjoy your chest of loot.

3. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

LOL...and thus the most common first post rears its ugly head.

4. pvogel

pvogel Member

Good grief!

1. Reservations are *not transferrable*
    2. If I want to configure I can reserve today and order on monday.

Your "spot" has NO VALUE. If you don't intend to order, cancel your reservation and get your 5K back.

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Guys, if you have no interest, please just let the sale post be.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

As I understand it, reservations are not transferable. People who might be interested in the OP's invalid offer should be aware of that.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Is there a button you can click to transfer a reservation? No. But it IS possible in a number of ways. This conversation does not need to happen in every thread.

8. L Storey

L Storey New Member

I would also like to sell my spot for $5k. I received confirmation from my Tesla dealer that my deposit is non-refundable now, but that I *can* sell my place in line.

9. dwebb66

dwebb66 Member

If your deposit is not refundable that would mean that you have placed an order.

10. L Storey

L Storey New Member

Actually, I have not yet. They will contact me "at some future date" to ask me what options I want for my Model X. I don't have a delivery date, etc. yet. The Tesla rep has confirmed that I can sell my spot in line to someone else.

11. dwebb66

dwebb66 Member

Sorry, but something is weird. Up to 7 days after you place an order you can get your $5,000 deposit back from Tesla.

If your deposit is no longer refi]undable then that means that you have an order; there is no middle ground were you have committed to ordering but have not 'picked you options'.

I would call the Tesla store ( not dealership) back and ask for clearification from them.

12. Monkey

Monkey Member

Selling a reservation is pointless, even if you can find a way to do it. It doesn't get you a spot in line -- that comes when you actually confirm your order. All the reservation does is grant you access to the design studio and at this point, if you put down a deposit, you get access to the design studio within 5 business days or less. It seems that it is the Monday following receipt of your deposit payment. At least for those in the USA. So yeah, if you buy a deposit from someone now, the most it could do is put you a few days ahead of other people that might put in a deposit the same day.

This ^ If you have a reservation and have not yet confirmed an order, it's fully refundable. If you have confirmed the order, then yes, cancelling the order forfeits your $5K deposit. Changing your ordered configuration, even just the paint color or wheel options, incurs a $500 change fee plus whatever the price adjustment of your new configuration amounts to (less or more). You can not change your order within two weeks of production.

As of right now, the only reservations that would hold any value would be the Signature or Founders due to the special Sig red color available and the collectability of the badge on the car to some select buyers. You also get different pricing with those reservations. General production reservations are not worth the headache, IMO, as the could only save at most a few days on the order time and the original reservation holder still has to be named on the paperwork and could muddy things up when trying to figure tax credits later.

13. Config

Config Member

I wonder if many reserved a Model X on impulse since I see too many either trying to sell their spot or <1000 mile used Model X, minus any tax incentive but yet asking a premium.

Myself in particular was quite a bit underwhelmed with the quality and disappointed with the late delivery of the X.

I wish you well.