Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling MPP Comfort Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased and installed MountainPass Performance’s Comfort Coilover Kit for RWD Model 3. I really like the ride as it’s way more comfortable than the OEM suspension and it’s completely adjustable. Majority of my rides have had either hydraulics or AirBags and I’m getting that itch again. I’m selling these Coilovers to anyone on Hawaii for $1,600 which is cheaper than buying direct from MPP as I paid over $2,000 to get them here. This kit is practically brand new. My lose your gain. Don’t let this deal pass you by.
C475338D-3D0A-42E2-8D59-52400A5DC5B1.jpeg

Reactions: skrtskrt
So, what did you replace the coilovers with? Or did you yet? I was going to get these, but ordered springs prior to seeing them.

I’m going to replace my coilovers with a custom kit Universal Air in California has put together with their airstruts they made for the Model 3. It will also come with Accuair’s CVT tank and E-Level Kit. This is the ultimate air suspension kit I have found for the Model 3.

For you, if you don’t want to go the extreme with air suspension I highly recommend MPP coilovers. I would go with Coilovers (I did) over springs any day. With the MPP Coilovers you get the adjustability that springs don’t give you.

Reactions: davidc18
How far off is it without the camber arms? Or do you have those installed? Just with my 1" lower springs, I took my Tesla to the usual shop to align, bad mistake, made it worse. Auto pilot, regenerative breaking stopped working. Took it to Tesla and they charge almost $300 to align, and it's still not quite aligned without the camber arms.

First, I’m really shocked the alignment company and TESLA didn’t tell you that they couldn’t adjust the rear as there is NO Camber adjustment on the Model 3. Due to the multi-link suspension design the rear gains camber at a fairly rapid rate, so when lowering more than 25mm you really need to correct camber to prevent excessive inside tire wear. With this said, Yes, I installed a pair of Rear Camber arms as well.

You MUST install the Rear Cambers from MPP when lowering the car to allow for adjustability.

The alignment company I usually use, I took my Mercedes to for years. I knew it would be a bit out, but not enough to make everything go haywire, So, went to Tesla and endured the expensive alignment, still ot totally perfect, but not too bad. Picture shows before and after Tesla alignment. I never went back to my usual alignment place yet to tell them they did a whack job,but I won't forget about it.

Attachments

• alignment.jpg
    alignment.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 71
I recently purchased and installed MountainPass Performance’s Comfort Coilover Kit for RWD Model 3. I really like the ride as it’s way more comfortable than the OEM suspension and it’s completely adjustable. Majority of my rides have had either hydraulics or AirBags and I’m getting that itch again. I’m selling these Coilovers to anyone on Hawaii for $1,600 which is cheaper than buying direct from MPP as I paid over $2,000 to get them here. This kit is practically brand new. My lose your gain. Don’t let this deal pass you by.
View attachment 431108

Did you sell your COs yet? Been looking ways to improving street handling more so body lean in turns on my P3D+. I also have been looking at the UPP sway bars but haven't made a decision on which way to proceed.

I’m going to replace my coilovers with a custom kit Universal Air in California has put together with their airstruts they made for the Model 3. It will also come with Accuair’s CVT tank and E-Level Kit. This is the ultimate air suspension kit I have found for the Model 3.

For you, if you don’t want to go the extreme with air suspension I highly recommend MPP coilovers. I would go with Coilovers (I did) over springs any day. With the MPP Coilovers you get the adjustability that springs don’t give you.
Sorry newbie here to the forums so if you answered this my bad. Who installed your air set up? Very curious as I was researching and came across the UA/Accuair set up. Thanks