Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling my 2012 Red Signature Series Model S P85 (low mileage)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla that I am selling is a 2012 Signature Series Red Model S P85 (loaded except for the rear facing child seats) with very low mileage of 39,778 miles and is in very good to excellent condition. The car has a new 12V battery, a new MCU and touch screen installed by a Tesla ranger last week. It also comes with a recently acquired 4 year extended warranty from Tesla.

I am asking $50K for the car and I cringe thinking that I will actually sell my favorite car of all time but I must. I hope to get back into a Tesla Model S in the future...what a fantastic car!

I detailed the car because I had a potential buyer locally. A car dealership attempting to sell the car for me put it on their showroom floor in order to impress the buyer and to draw in other interest. The buyer opted not to buy the car because he wanted another color. Anyway....here are some pics of the detailed Signature Series Model S that I am selling. These smartphone pics that I took were altered just so that the license plate was "erased" out of the picture. (I did not adjust the lighting or anything else so sorry about the quality of the pictures).
Tesla 1.jpg
Tesla 2.jpg
Tesla 3.jpg
Tesla 4.jpg

The warranty is recently aquired so full warranty till 100k/2022 on a 2012? I thought they capped it at 8 years from delivery?
I found that interesting too. Tesla states the ESA can be purchased "no later than 30 days or 1,000 miles (1,600 km), whichever comes first, past the expiration of your New Vehicle Limited Warranty." I would have thought the NVLM ran out in 2016.

Vehicle Warranty | Model S and Model X

The warranty is recently aquired so full warranty till 100k/2022 on a 2012? I thought they capped it at 8 years from delivery?
My MCU failed (The computer brains of the car) so I raised heck with them and they made an exception and said that if I purchased the extended warranty now that they would replace the MCU and touch screen under the new warranty. I guess as a Signature Series owner I may have been given a little better treatment than I otherwise would have received. The warranty is good through March, 2022.