Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling my Founders Roadster Referral Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello, I am selling my reservation for the Tesla Roadster Founders Series 2023. It is limited to only 1,000 copies worldwide. I booked it in February 2020 in the very first. I'm selling my reservation for $500,000. It is no longer possible to reserve because the 1,000 copies have been sold. Contact me if you have interested in this completely exclusive vehicle!

I booked it in February 2020 in the very first.

What does this mean ... "in the very first"?? It's not clear.. is it a referral award, or did you book an actual reservation?

We're also not sure if the limit of 1000 units is for paid cars, not including all the referral Roadster awards on deck. They could be in addition to the 1000 paid units (this would be my assumption).

Also, nobody has any idea if Tesla will even allow referral award Roadsters to be sold/transferred.

What does this mean ... "in the very first"?? It's not clear.. is it a referral award, or did you book an actual reservation?

We're also not sure if the limit of 1000 units is for paid cars, not including all the referral Roadster awards on deck. They could be in addition to the 1000 paid units (this would be my assumption).

Also, nobody has any idea if Tesla will even allow referral award Roadsters to be sold/transferred.
No, I was not lucky enough to be entitled to a reduction on the price and I paid the full price to reserve mine (215,000€).

everything that is rare is expensive and when you know the potential of this exceptional car, I am sure that true enthusiasts will be ready to pay the price.
3 months after the first deliveries they won’t be rare any more. An intelligent enthusiast will laugh at your greedy offer, wait for production, and then get one at the list price, hopefully one without the founders edition’s heap of inevitable bugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: glide
everything that is rare is expensive and when you know the potential of this exceptional car, I am sure that true enthusiasts will be ready to pay the price.
I can give you plenty of examples of things that are rare that have no value whatsoever.

Add to the fact, the thing you’re selling literally doesn’t exist.

I’m not sure what type of “enthusiast” market exists for something like that.

I have a flying car pre-order through an LLC my friend created. Yours for only $500K. No delivery ETA though…sorry.