Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling my fully loaded P90DL with AMAZING warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I am looking to Sell my beautiful 2014 P90DL that I bought from Tesla last year.

Please find the details below:

SPECS:

Model S P90DL
Dual Motor All Wheel Drive
Blue Metallic Paint (Dark blue)
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Grey Nappa Leather Interior (With heated seats!!)
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Headliner
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Hardware 1
Tech Package with Autopilot
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior Package
Premium Sound

ADDITIONAL DETAILS:

- This was a showroom car
- The car was manufactured in December 2014 as a P85D
- The car was upgraded by Tesla in July 2015 to a P90DL (It has the P90DL badge on the back)
- I purchased it in October 2017 with ~43K miles. (Warranty starts with the millage I bought the car with)
- Since this was an inventory car it has a NEW car warranty! (4 years / 50K miles)
- I can purchase an Extended warranty under buyer request ($2,100 for 2years / 25K miles or $4,250 for 4years / 50K miles). This cost will be added to the cost of the car.
- The car comes with free Supercharging for life. It follows the car.
- Last month I charged the car to 100% and it gave me 253 miles so it should be around this number.
- Current mileage is 46,627 and counting as I continue to use the car
- The car is located in Cary NC.
- I am open to work with any car shipping service though all costs and arrangements go to the buyer.

The car is quite unique, it is one of the very few (if not the only) P90DL in the dark blue version! which I have to say it is amazing (in 2015 is when Tesla changed to the 'lighter' blue). Also, it does not have the winter package but the seats are heated and Ludicrous wow! it is fast but since you are reading this post I bet you already knew that ;)

Also, I bought the Tesla sunshades for the panoramic roof which I will include.

We got some snow today so it's too cold to go outside and take photos. I will upload them later.

Asking price $75,000 USD

upload_2018-1-4_16-33-4.png IMG_9866.png

Please find below the quote which shows the specs as well as the original price. Quite a deal ;)

upload_2018-1-4_16-33-4.png

I would certainly want to confirm this with Tesla. I can’t imagine they would fully warranty a car to Oct 2025 and 143k miles??

Per the Warranty documentation:

"This New Vehicle Limited Warranty begins on the first day a new vehicle is put into use by delivery
to the first retail purchaser(s), or by leasing or registering as a company car or demonstrator,
whichever is earlier, and provides coverage for the period based on the specified warranty as
described in the Warranty Coverage section of this New Vehicle Limited Warranty"

Source: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/New_Vehicle_Limited_Warranty_North_America_en_US.pdf

As stated above, the new warranty starts when I purchased the car. At least that is how Tesla sold it to me and it is one of the reasons I bought it. I can double check this with the new buyer along with Tesla so we can be all in sync in that.

Per the Warranty documentation:

"This New Vehicle Limited Warranty begins on the first day a new vehicle is put into use by delivery
to the first retail purchaser(s), or by leasing or registering as a company car or demonstrator,
whichever is earlier, and provides coverage for the period based on the specified warranty as
described in the Warranty Coverage section of this New Vehicle Limited Warranty"

Source: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/New_Vehicle_Limited_Warranty_North_America_en_US.pdf

As stated above, the new warranty starts when I purchased the car. At least that is how Tesla sold it to me and it is one of the reasons I bought it. I can double check this with the new buyer along with Tesla so we can be all in sync in that.

I think where my confusion lies is I didn’t compute this as a new car warranty even tho you wrote that. I had in my head it was CPO but you were stating it was equivalent to a new car warranty. Crazy stuff!

What is your reason for selling? 90 days is not very long to hold a car like this. Looks like a good price.

I very much love the car. My wife not so much, the acceleration is too much for her so we always have arguments that I want to drive the car in Ludicrous and when she is on board I need to drive it on "Chill" which is an insult to the car :p

Though the real reason is that we found out we are expecting another baby so our family needs will change. So better take the time to sell it right and prepare for the upcoming expenses and lifestyle change :)