Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling my Model S - see ya suckers - time for Lincoln Black Label

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An ad at the bottom of TMC really got me. I want a premium ownership experience. I have "impeccable taste for fine art and culture." I want to "celebrate the distinguished and elite lifestyle of horse racing." I want a "private fitting room" at the dealership. I too want to sit on my couch and rub leather samples with a discerning look on my face while a smartly dressed young man in a tailored suit towers over me complimenting my good taste.

I may not be able to afford a bespoke Rolls Royce - or a horse - but a tarted up Ford will do for make believe.

Lincoln really has their finger on the zeitgeist of 2017. Who wants a loaded 70D with only a few miles on it? I'm outta here...

View attachment 203775
View attachment 203777
View attachment 203776
Already I can see we're heading back to the good old days of having black people stand at attention waiting on white people. I truly think they have captured the new zeitgeist of the times.

53482626.jpg

I'll give you $2.50 for the 70D

Send me the money first and then I'll ship you the car.

You know...there is such a thing as trolling with thread titles.

And you just won First Prize, 2016.

Unfortunately, I would have to Moderate away any post I have that contain the appropriate words I have for you..... :)

You bring a tear of joy to my eye with this compliment. This ALMOST makes up for all my posts that you banish to the "snippiness" graveyard. Almost.

Already I can see we're heading back to the good old days of having black people stand at attention waiting on white people. I truly think they have captured the new zeitgeist of the times.

I own several Lincolns. MKS, couple MKZ's. They are nice. I drove a Tesla in 13 and walked away highly disappointed. I have an S on order I'll get in a few weeks. 157k. I really hope my experience this time around is better than back in 2013 with a RWD 85.

I'm interested in the 70d if you're serious.

I own several Lincolns. MKS, couple MKZ's. They are nice. I drove a Tesla in 13 and walked away highly disappointed. I have an S on order I'll get in a few weeks. 157k. I really hope my experience this time around is better than back in 2013 with a RWD 85.

-defends Lincolns
-disparages Tesla
-claims to order said Tesla
-states price for unknown reason
-dreams of future
-offers to buy used base model of same car on order

I'm going to award you the coveted 'Least Coherent Post of the Day' award. Are you a native Corinthian?

I'm curious, did the fix the issues that you were highly disappointed with? They added features but they're still missing things like lighted vanity mirrors and storage pockets.

I guess the seats have improved now that their ventilated. But on the whole, the car is not that much different now than it was in 2013.

@dhcp - omg omg omg omg. That dealership ad with the amateur hour production and awkward talent could not be more perfect if Christopher Guest himself dreamed it up.
Ah, but who out here on the West Coast (esp. SoCal) can forget that quintessential car salesman, Cal Worthington!

For the uninitiated or nostalgic, this site has videos of some of his outlandish TV ads:
MY DOG SPOT.... Whale of a Deal!

Reactions: DIL and calisnow
I am just about to start my 7th year of only driving electric. I received the 2nd Nissan LEAF delivery in the world that changed my thinking about cars.

I couldn't imagine a Lincoln or any other brand unless it was an EV. It is exciting to see that we should have many different brands to buy our EVs from soon. The world is changing . . .

Reactions: u00mem9