Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling my Model Y Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only reason I'm doing it reserved the 3 and changed to y. They charged me for 2 reservations when it was suppose to be a transfer. Wouldn't even give me my 250 back on the 3. Was such BS over 250 I bought EV6 FE. So to eating the Teslas go for it.

How did the exchange work?

For financial reasons, I have no choice but to sell my Y order that I've been eagerly waiting for. A friend of my brothers wants to buy it. Will they allow me to register the car in his name at purchase? I don’t want to have to pay California tax, and then he has to pay the tax again upon transfer.

How did the exchange work?

For financial reasons, I have no choice but to sell my Y order that I've been eagerly waiting for. A friend of my brothers wants to buy it. Will they allow me to register the car in his name at purchase? I don’t want to have to pay California tax, and then he has to pay the tax again upon transfer.
It seems that Tesla has tightened this up so that IF you can do it, it requires a friendly SA to do it. Search in the forum for threads on how it works, if it still does.