Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling my Tesla tomorrow, please help me with a checklist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

Sad day upon us, but one journey needs to end, to start new ones in the future. Selling my Tesla to a private buyer tomorrow. Can someone help me here with a checklist/things to do before they drive away? So far I only have:

1. Log out of all services.
2. Delete all bluetooth phones.
3. Delete driver profiles.
4. Factory Reset.

What else? How do I make sure I don't get charged for their Supercharging? Is this instant transfer?

Appreciate your help! Thanks!

I assume factory reset would zero out the above 1 through 3 also.

You can go to your account page and remove your credit card under "Payment method" then go to "manage" your car and "remove car".sold
I assume factory reset would zero out the above 1 through 3 also.

You can go to your account page and remove your credit card under "Payment method" then go to "manage" your car and "remove car".
FYI, Might take a few days for your car to come off your app. Recently sold our 2018 M3 to our son, I 'sold' it to 3rd party in the app, he had immediate access, I still had access for 1-2 days.....not that I beeped the horn or flashed lights, or raised/lowered windows during that time....

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
I just logged into my app, nothing is there since I don't have my new Tesla, yet.
But, if you log into your online account after you transfer ownership, your Dashboard will have a section 'Previously Owned Vehicles'. I can still see the VIN and the date I transferred it.