Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling new inventory instead of fulfilling existing orders?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order in October ‘21 and delivery is now currently delayed until Sept ‘22. Today I saw that Tesla posted the exact same configuration (now at a slightly higher price) to its new inventory and is offering a Jan ‘22 delivery.

So…instead of fulfilling its existing orders, Tesla is selling any current inventory to new customers?!? Is this happening to anyone else?

How do we avoid the wait and get our hands on new inventory?

I also think there are some shenanigans afoot. I ordered in Oct., and originally got an EDD of April. Then, over the holidays, they tried to sell me a car someone rejected. I declined the offer and my EDD moved to March. Now, two weeks later, my EDD jumped out until July.

SA is ignoring my queries. I remember mid-2020 when the Y was brand new. I had an order in the queue for months, but was seeing people who just ordered getting their cars before me. I cancelled my order (back then, deposits were fully refundable) and placed a new one for the exact same car. Two weeks later, I took delivery.

Upvote 0