Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Selling Rear facing seats for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be careful. Cars that didn't come with the seats don't have the reinforcements necessary to protect third row occupants.

If I understand correctly, only early builds do not have the reinforcements. Later builds include the reinforcements whether the rear seats were ordered or not. I could be wrong, but it's worth asking. Mine is a March 2014 and IIRC, I was told they were just transitioning over to including the aluminum bracing at that time.

If I understand correctly, only early builds do not have the reinforcements. Later builds include the reinforcements whether the rear seats were ordered or not. I could be wrong, but it's worth asking. Mine is a March 2014 and IIRC, I was told they were just transitioning over to including the aluminum bracing at that time.

I believe it's the other way around. Originally all cars had the reinforcements, but they were discontinued on later cars as a cost savings measure.

I would strongly recommend contacting your Tesla Service Center about this. They should be able to tell from your VIN whether the car is compatible with third row seats or not.