TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Selling Rear facing seats for Model S

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Amin, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Amin

Amin Member

Selling mine, anyone interested?

2. Turbojim

Turbojim Member

How much?

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Be careful. Cars that didn't come with the seats don't have the reinforcements necessary to protect third row occupants.

4. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

If I understand correctly, only early builds do not have the reinforcements. Later builds include the reinforcements whether the rear seats were ordered or not. I could be wrong, but it's worth asking. Mine is a March 2014 and IIRC, I was told they were just transitioning over to including the aluminum bracing at that time.

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I believe it's the other way around. Originally all cars had the reinforcements, but they were discontinued on later cars as a cost savings measure.

I would strongly recommend contacting your Tesla Service Center about this. They should be able to tell from your VIN whether the car is compatible with third row seats or not.

6. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

My recollection is the same as @mknox's. My early S60 from Jan 2013 had the reinforcements by default although I didn't order the rear facing seats. No such thing in my second car from Dec 2014.

7. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Got it. That's definitely possible; I was drunk on new Tesla ownership at the time and could have switched things around in my head.

This is the best advice.

8. Blake

Blake Member

Hi Amin,
    Are the seats still available? Will it come with the mounting brackets? Are these the new version seats or old? Also, are you willing to ship within the US? Thanks! Blake

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Might make sense to post up a new thread (with price) in the for sale section.