Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling reservation model x long range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So forgive me if this is not allowed. I have a reservation for a model x that I reserved when they first opened up ordering for the model x with the refreshed interior. I ordered long range version 7 seat config white exterior black interior and 20” cyberstream wheels and no fsd. I ordered the car and decided to just lose the 100$ reservation cost because I ended up buying a cheaper used x. Well now it seems like the price is about 14000$ more than when I ordered for the same specs due to the price changes. Is this something that’s feasible to do or will taxes on the sale eat up anything that would create benefit to me and the buyer? I’m in Colorado so there is probably also a 4000$ state credit.

I reserved a MX just before the update announcement, and have a 6 seat MX reserved for 97K with FSD. I can't put in my Payment details still, and it just says "Prepare for delivery. Does anyone else see the same screen that I have with no way of putting in payment? I've been reaching out to Tesla SA but no reply..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-072446_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-072446_Chrome.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 239
Sorry I’ve gotten a few responses I think via dm etc didn’t realize the interest here. So yeah think price is lower by about 14-15k depending on what teslas latest price increase is lol. How would a transaction like this work. Would I transfer my current vehicles to a new account and then change the email on this current account and give the email and the account over to the buyer? I’m in Colorado how would it logistically be handled. Obviously I’m not going to want to drive it across country and fly home…

Do you have an EDD? If its this year I'd be happy to buy otc
I don’t see an edd in my account for it but I haven’t gone through and filled in delivery location registration info etc. I did get a call a few months ago asking if I wanted to switch to 6 seat config to get it sooner. I know for a fact I reserved the week that the upgraded model x and s could be reserved I’m not sure the exact day I could probably look that up.

I don’t see an edd in my account for it but I haven’t gone through and filled in delivery location registration info etc. I did get a call a few months ago asking if I wanted to switch to 6 seat config to get it sooner. I know for a fact I reserved the week that the upgraded model x and s could be reserved I’m not sure the exact day I could probably look that up.
March 22nd of 21 was the day I placed the reservation. So I think pretty early reservation. Think location etc will influence delivery timeline. Anyone have any idea a price I should put on this a lot of people asking me how much. And I guess I wouldn’t need to take delivery and then transport it, I could just transfer the whole account to buyer. Or am I missing something here?

You can't transfer a reservation. The only thing you can do is have the buyer register via your account. Anything else will be a red flag and they will cancel your order. . Ask me how I know.
I also have a MX order pre increase ( Feb 21), but am planning to take delivery if am ever able!

Reactions: UCF3
You can't transfer a reservation. The only thing you can do is have the buyer register via your account. Anything else will be a red flag and they will cancel your order. . Ask me how I know.
I also have a MX order pre increase ( Feb 21), but am planning to take delivery if am ever able!
So you don’t think transferring out the other vehicles and then changing the email would work?

So forgive me if this is not allowed. I have a reservation for a model x that I reserved when they first opened up ordering for the model x with the refreshed interior. I ordered long range version 7 seat config white exterior black interior and 20” cyberstream wheels and no fsd. I ordered the car and decided to just lose the 100$ reservation cost because I ended up buying a cheaper used x. Well now it seems like the price is about 14000$ more than when I ordered for the same specs due to the price changes. Is this something that’s feasible to do or will taxes on the sale eat up anything that would create benefit to me and the buyer? I’m in Colorado so there is probably also a 4000$ state credit.
Interested! Pls dm me

There are numerous threads in this for sale forum on reservation transfers. To my knowledge, the only way you can transfer a reservation is to essentially give your account over to the buyer. That isn't possible if you still have a tesla....

Would love for someone to educate me , or everyone creating these threads, regarding what is actually possible with a reservation transfer.