Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling reservation model x long range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are numerous threads in this for sale forum on reservation transfers. To my knowledge, the only way you can transfer a reservation is to essentially give your account over to the buyer. That isn't possible if you still have a tesla....

Would love for someone to educate me , or everyone creating these threads, regarding what is actually possible with a reservation transfer.
Your Reservation is not transferable or assignable to another party without the prior written approval of Tesla.

So forgive me if this is not allowed. I have a reservation for a model x that I reserved when they first opened up ordering for the model x with the refreshed interior. I ordered long range version 7 seat config white exterior black interior and 20” cyberstream wheels and no fsd. I ordered the car and decided to just lose the 100$ reservation cost because I ended up buying a cheaper used x. Well now it seems like the price is about 14000$ more than when I ordered for the same specs due to the price changes. Is this something that’s feasible to do or will taxes on the sale eat up anything that would create benefit to me and the buyer? I’m in Colorado so there is probably also a 4000$ state credit.
Hi there! i am interested! its the configuration i was looking for. Has this reservation been sold? What are you looking to sell for?

So forgive me if this is not allowed. I have a reservation for a model x that I reserved when they first opened up ordering for the model x with the refreshed interior. I ordered long range version 7 seat config white exterior black interior and 20” cyberstream wheels and no fsd. I ordered the car and decided to just lose the 100$ reservation cost because I ended up buying a cheaper used x. Well now it seems like the price is about 14000$ more than when I ordered for the same specs due to the price changes. Is this something that’s feasible to do or will taxes on the sale eat up anything that would create benefit to me and the buyer? I’m in Colorado so there is probably also a 4000$ state credit.
I have a model X reservation for the new refreshed interior yolk steering wheel model X vin already issued delivery March 7 to March 13 2022 reserved sometime in late 2020 prices have gone up considerably looking to sell my reservation please PM me with any questions or concerns specs long range black exterior wide interior second row captain seats the bigger rims the refreshed ones