Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Reservation Model X Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Hello, I'm selling my reservation of the Tesla model X as my wife and I have decided to go with another vehicle. Below is the current build of the spec of the vehicle and is $24,450 cheaper if you order it right now. The estimated delivery date is July 2022 compared to January 2023. looking for $20,000 or OBO.
  • Model X Long Range
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • 20'' Cyberstream Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging

You realize that per your order agreement you are not allowed to directly sell your reservation. You can purchase the car and then resell it, but if Tesla gets indication you've sold the reservation, they have the right to cancel it and you forfeit your order deposit.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I just spoke with the SA who called me about my delivery, and he stated that they can update the registration info to another person, they would just have to use the Tesla account associated with the reservation. Curious what others have been told.

That is not true and consistent -- every SA will say different things. Both from personal experience and from many users on the forum.

Refer to the "sticky thread" on this topic which talks about order cancellations (around delivery/pickup) even after registration is transferred by an SA.

• Hello, I'm selling my reservation of the Tesla model X as my wife and I have decided to go with another vehicle. Below is the current build of the spec of the vehicle and is $24,450 cheaper if you order it right now. The estimated delivery date is July 2022 compared to January 2023. looking for $20,000 or OBO.
  • Model X Long Range
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
Would the pickup be in California (if so, where -- or can it be moved)?

Thanks!

• Model X Long Range
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
Can you please PM me if it is still available?