Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is also the question of sales tax. If I bought something in WA state, and needed to turn around to sell it (for whatever reason) I'd need to add about 10% to the price to cover what I paid for it. There wouldn't be anything bad about that if the market could afford it.

The people I truly despise are those who take advantage of the COVID-19 situation in buying up supplies of necessities, and then selling at huge markups.
OP: try selling it in Arizona or any other state which doesn’t charge sales tax on private party (non-dealer used car) sales - that’d get your premium price close to Tesla store price ... if they have what a buyer wants.

Everyone let’s not forget that OP will have to pay income tax on the sticker price of his won car, whether he keeps it or sells it. This is a win, for sure, but not as big as appears at first blush.

GLWS

They are out there, Ryan Shaw (youtuber) and others changed their orders and got their model Y within a few days. You can call Fremont and talk to a sales person. People are canceling their orders due to this pandemic, lots of people laid off from work etc.

Grats in winning your ride. I’m part of the 99.9% that don’t win shìt.

Fred

Reactions: Mickie and alloverx
They are out there, Ryan Shaw (youtuber) and others changed their orders and got their model Y within a few days. You can call Fremont and talk to a sales person. People are canceling their orders due to this pandemic, lots of people laid off from work etc.

Grats in winning your ride. I’m part of the 99.9% that don’t win shìt.

Fred
Thanks. I never won anything before this. I still can’t believe it. Really crazy

Are there metro areas where the Y isn’t available? We have been contacted several times by our showroom (Santa Barbara, CA) to let us know the car is in stock and can be delivered. Obviously not doing any major purchases until there’s more economic certainty in our household and beyond.

Reactions: Sunshine State
I owned/ran a video store for nearly 40 years.

There was a small successful restaurant across the street from mine with a charming owner that had a least one other location in the metro.

My store manger turned to me one day saying " you know that SOB Steve, is opening ANOTHER restaurant?"

I was shocked he would say something like that. Steve was always fair with his staff to my knowledge, had a good reputation in general and, it was apparent he was simply envious of Steve's success. Reminds me of the the time I had a brand new CLK keyed while parked on the street by some stranger.

I ended up firing the manager a year or so later. Two years later he committed suicide for no apparent reason.

I'll take it off your hands for $50k even. Let me know so I can sell 60-something of my TSLA shares on Monday. Hope it'll be over $800 by then. I'll need to find a flight to the East Coast too. Not sure which airlines are flying, if any. I will bring my own mask and gloves.

Reactions: cucubits