Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Tesla Roadster Sport 2011

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any tips for selling the roadster? I checked prices on eBay and autotrader. I also had the tesla dealer bid for it. It's the sport 2.5, excellent condition with only one owner, $15,400 miles, all the upgrades and carbon fiber exterior package as well as carbon fiber hardtop. Rarely driver and well maintained, looks brand new. Please let me know if anyone has any tips on selling this car.
Thanks!

Thank you for the tips. We put it on EBay and Autotrader. Being that there are so few for sale, it's hard to find a good starting price. Nit is fully loaded with all the upgrades as well as carbon fiber package. From what I've see, 90k is reasonable. Hoping it's a bonus that it has few miles as well as both carbon fiber hard top as well as soft top.
How do you like your model S? We test drove one, but now are torn between the S and X.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 178
Carrie, your eBay ad says "Supercharger cord and single charge cord included."

That is fundamentally incorrect terminology. The Roadster cannot use the Tesla Supercharger network, and Tesla never used the word "Supercharger" to describe Roadster charging. People viewing the eBay ad who are not familiar with the Roadster will get the wrong idea. The Roadster cannot DC charge, it can only AC charge and at a maximum of 70A with the optional HPC unit. Look at this page: Tesla — Roadster > Charging

Please take photos of your two charging cables and post them here.

Also, you describe the exterior color as "Teal". That is not a Roadster color name used by Tesla. "Teal" is a deep blue green color. My color vision is not accurate in the red/green spectrum, but I suspect your Roadster is the Glacier Blue color. Others here will be better at helping you with that.

Are you the owner of the car or are you selling it for the owner?

The car looks great and has a lot of nice options. Where is it located?

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff and benjiejr
Carrie, your eBay ad says "Supercharger cord and single charge cord included."

That is fundamentally incorrect terminology. The Roadster cannot use the Tesla Supercharger network, and Tesla never used the word "Supercharger" to describe Roadster charging. People viewing the eBay ad who are not familiar with the Roadster will get the wrong idea. The Roadster cannot DC charge, it can only AC charge and at a maximum of 70A with the optional HPC unit. Look at this page: Tesla — Roadster > Charging

Please take photos of your two charging cables and post them here.

Also, you describe the exterior color as "Teal". That is not a Roadster color name used by Tesla. "Teal" is a deep blue green color. My color vision is not accurate in the red/green spectrum, but I suspect your Roadster is the Glacier Blue color. Others here will be better at helping you with that.

Are you the owner of the car or are you selling it for the owner?

The car looks great and has a lot of nice options. Where is it located?

Thank you for the information! I will take pictures as suggested of the two cords. One is for the 240 outlet the other is for standard outlet.
The color would be glacier blue, I did not see this as an option when creating the add. I inherited this car from my Godfather who passed away in December. We have kept it in our garage and now that the title is transferred to my name we are planning on selling it. We live in Tampa Florida. The car is in mint condition and he paid for all the upgrades as original price was $155,204. We are in no rush to sell, but it's not a practical car for us with small children, so we would prefer the model s or x.

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr
You may also want to mention that you have the Double-Din radio.
It's an expensive option and not obvious from the pictures posted.
It will help you get better value from knowledgeable buyers!
Thank you. Unfortunately EBay does not let you make any changes to the description once people start to bid on the item.
I keep getting calls from companies that say they buy cars for clients. I'm really not wanting to deal with any financing, requesting cash or cashier check. Has anyone dealt with companies wanting to buy the car for their clients? Wanting to avoid scammers.

any tips for selling the roadster? I checked prices on eBay and autotrader. I also had the tesla dealer bid for it. It's the sport 2.5, excellent condition with only one owner, $15,400 miles, all the upgrades and carbon fiber exterior package as well as carbon fiber hardtop. Rarely driver and well maintained, looks brand new. Please let me know if anyone has any tips on selling this car.
Thanks!

I could be a buyer for your Roadster. Please call me to talk about it.
Charlie 615-618-6317