Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
monday opening bell probability analysis for 10/29, IV 50%

1635168677839.png

• Informative
Reactions: corduroy
Here is the problem with spreads. As the SP gets close to the short leg, the difference between the short and long gets really large. Worse with $100 spreads than $50 (obviously). This week could get interesting..., and expensive....

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Nocturnal
Anyone have any "not too close to the sun" BPS that they are thinking about? I just closed out my 10/29 745/795 that I opened Thursday for 80% gain and looking to get back in at some point.
Opened 895/845 and 860/810 this morning. Not sure how close to the sun they are for you. I have limit orders to close my 795/745 from last week also.

Sold some $1100 CCs at $1.75 in my IRA since it doesn't allow spreads and I haven't moved it to a less crappy broker yet.

Haven't done anything in my cash account yet as losing shares there has tax consequences and BPS....even like a 795/895 only pays $2.68 right now....

Reactions: bkp_duke
I sold some 1200cc a little while ago. That seems quite safe to me for this week.

I’m just keeping my BPS I sold Friday and mostly watching. When the SP moves fast it is the most dangerous time to be selling options - both puts and calls. The SP will stagnate again eventually and the IV will probably higher when it does since it will be after a period of big move(s). Then we will be able to make even bigger $ again selling options.

My not-advice recommendation is just to be patient for now and accept lower profits until things stabilize.

Anyone have any "not too close to the sun" BPS that they are thinking about? I just closed out my 10/29 745/795 that I opened Thursday for 80% gain and looking to get back in at some point.
Call me Icarus. I've been buying ATM or near the money BPS since Friday, and am doing more of those now. I put on 11/12 990/1000 BPS at $9 that is looking like not such a hail mary right now. Closed a LOT of positions this morning and reopened more assuming that we're going to hold 950. I don't think we run out of gas until 1000, which I expect no later than next week (if not today the way things are going!).

Reactions: bonk3125
Closed my Nov6th -900/+850 BPS @60% profit (only held it since Friday, I can resell it in case of a dip.

Sold 1050, 1150 and 1250 cc's for this friday. The 1050 can be executed for all I care to grant me some cash to sell BPS against upon later dips.

The 1150 and 1250's I don't see triggering, but you never know.

Did the same, sold 1050 and 1100's. And have been adjusting my mindset to welcoming getting called away (this is for my ira), and turning around and selling BPS. Adjusting my mindset to having no regrets has been difficult. I need to see it as another opportunity.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Sold some $1100 CCs at $1.75 in my IRA since it doesn't allow spreads and I haven't moved it to a less crappy broker yet.

Haven't done anything in my cash account yet as losing shares there has tax consequences and BPS....even like a 795/895 only pays $2.68 right now....

me of 25 minutes ago is looking pretty dumb right now.