Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, yesterday after trading hours just got assigned 2 of the 5 -p1200 19/8 contracts I have been rolling for 6 months now that I sold when the SP was 950 and we were in an uptrend. Should have closed them when SP reached 1150 however theta value was still high and they were +25%.
Thanks for the heads up on this, and to all posters letting us know what's getting early assigned.

I'm a bit spooked and just moved my few BPS 8/19 $1020/$780 to 9/16 $1000/$740 (widen $20 and lowered strike). Last time I took the big credit for widening/rolling/no strike improvement, this time I think the above roll is a pretty OK deal for a small $3 debit.

Annoyed I'm gonna have to wait yet another month for these to me roll-able or expired, but no big deal. Worst case I end up rolling/widening them out to Nov in a month. That would get me well past 3Q earnings and if SP isn't >$1000 by that point I'm calling shenanigans.

Hesitant to open anything for next week since I'm very tightly cash strapped at the moment and don't want to risk any additional margin around 2Q.

But BPS 7/8 $450/$350 @ ~$.80 seems hard to resist. Especially on a short week.

Lets see if the MMD deepens.

I won't even mention how hard it is to resist BPS 7/8 $500/$400 at nearly $2.

there were about 6 tall candles yesterday ~679

indicates lots of buyers at that price point

sry no screenshot, i am on the road
there is that 679 again

appears to be giving support

(this is me doing fibonaci on today's Low against yesterday's Close)

1656608436783.png

I mean.. it'd need to go under 450 before you couldn't roll that safely... I can't imagine PD being remotely bad enough to cause that?
Yup. Didn't jump on either option at $1.75 or $.80 and now they're at $1.10 and $.50. Shoulda pulled an easy "Yoona daytrade" and missed it.

I'm a notorious hesitator, but perhaps that's just another good layer of conservative contract selling. I'll get there eventually. Would be a lot easier if I had more margin and cash to work with.

Yup. Didn't jump on either option at $1.75 or $.80 and now they're at $1.10 and $.50. Shoulda pulled an easy "Yoona daytrade" and missed it.

I'm a notorious hesitator, but perhaps that's just another good layer of conservative contract selling. I'll get there eventually. Would be a lot easier if I had more margin and cash to work with.
On the long side, 7/1 700c went from a low of $1.60 today to over $5.00 currently.
Hindsight and such.

• Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
Just missed more 610-560 BPS this morning at the low and bought most of my CC's back on dips. Started the week with 850, 800 and 775. Started today with 735, 725 and 705, still have 2 705's. Waiting to open for next week until Monday, but may open some 800 CC's tomorrow. I'm trying to route CC $'s to buy back ITM leaps coming due in September. I think we'll rip higher at some point, but will sleep better reducing leverage. Macro down risks are huge and TSLA upside is also huge, but macro usually wins. If deliveries are over 260k for Q2, we could have a nice bounce next week. I think little to no chance under 250k, which could cause a drop down challenge 600. Q3 is going to be insane for deliveries & profit, but it won't matter for next Friday's calls and puts. I have open 650-600 BPS and 705 CC's. Great day for day traders.

My bold prediction this week - staying over $700.

Well this☝️ knucklehead clearly isn’t any good at predicting the TSLA stock price 🙄 He was proven wrong the very next day!

With that said, I hope y’all are prepared for a *possible* drop to $600. I fear that TSLA is caught in the market tide and only spectacular P&D results will break us free.

So happy to be wrong again, though ✌️

Rolled 70x AAPL -c140 to next week for +$1.35 -> what looked like a bad put exercise starts to become a cash cow... I prefer to offload these shares as they tie-up $1million capital, but if I can milk them weekly with calls for ~1% it's also OK...

TBH, from here, buy-writes look like a great strategy - and tomorrow I have 10x TSLA -p700 and 2x GOOGL -p2250 that I will let assign if ITM

Still wondering why GOOGL hasn't rallied at all into the 20:1 split, which is two weeks tomorrow - I can't recall a major tech stock not rising into a split = weird!

I'm second guessing buying shares and doing the straddle tomorrow. Might be safer to just wait until next week....
Or since I'm afraid of a drop next week, leg into it. Buy shares tomorrow and sell ATM CC one month out. Next week, if the SP is dropping, wait and then sell a Put with a much lower strike. There is lost income if we open higher next week when I sell the Put, but the danger in my account is a large SP drop, so that might be the better play.