Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, very nervous about my -1000/1050 calls.

I am glad I only have 10x of them.

I asked the other day about what are you guys doing with your LEAPs mine should be up 100% after today and I bought them in July. I see lots of you talking about going to LEAPs right now but I don't understand the logic when the stock is at AH. The IV is low I get that but I am here considering to actually close them but I do wish the IV was higher lol. When would you guys consider taking profits on those LEAPs? I think @adiggs @pz1975 have similar LEAPs to the ones I have Jun 23 550-500s.

I am glad I only have 10x of them.

I asked the other day about what are you guys doing with your LEAPs mine should be up 100% after today and I bought them in July. I see lots of you talking about going to LEAPs right now but I don't understand the logic when the stock is at AH. The IV is low I get that but I am here considering to actually close them but I do wish the IV was higher lol. When would you guys consider taking profits on those LEAPs? I think @adiggs @pz1975 have similar LEAPs to the ones I have Jun 23 550-500s.
Not me - it’s @Lycanthrope I’m pretty sure. I have lots of LEAPS right now, but they are my “trading” LEAPS with strike prices of $800-1,000 bought between 560-680. I never sell shares for tax reasons so I use LEAPS to take advantage of dips that I want to profit on later.

I got another FED call which again made no sense to me and this what E-trade said, maybe you guys have a similar issue:

fed call.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: MikeC
Looks like my 950 cc's are toast. My plan yesterday was to buy some in the money calls to balance that out and use the proceeds of the call to sell at the money puts next week. I have 30 1000-1050 bps as well and that has me a little anxious, but I will make more from my shares in a jump from 900 to 1000. The big question is how long will this run stretch out? I'm thinking of cutting back on leaps and moving to shares when we hit 1200 to reduce my risk, but the news is ridiculously positive right now, it's hard to see anything knocking it off the path upward.

I have 1000/1050 on the top of some Iron Condors which I may need to address. Hopefully we learn a lot from each other this week. I still had 30% of my contracts for the week that I hadn't opened on Friday, because I wanted to wait and see what happened today. It looks like that was a good strategy, as selling contracts today/tomorrow will help pay for some of my rolling if the SP hits 990. So my lesson for the future so far is don't deploy everything before the weekend, but leave some ammo for Monday.