Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
None of you share insights like this:

A7D9AC92-4DED-4C24-BDBD-98C2CF204E7B.jpeg

7880CB33-4B34-43D9-8C76-60DD5EC06A84.jpeg

Anyway, I’ll shut up now, the prediction still needs verified.

Last edited:
So yeah, I got run over today with my 800ccs.

But I haven't closed or rolled them (yet). Odds are decent we finish the trading week tomorrow below 800.

As I DCA'd the writing of the cc's, I'm not in terrible shape. Just slightly terrible. Curious about tomorrows price action, that's for sure.
I sold an 800c for $1.91 this morning and bought to close for $4.11 five minutes before the market closed. Could have been a lot worse if we didn't pull back from the session highs, so I was okay taking the loss. Didn't want to chase the underlying if the rally continues tomorrow. Good luck!

Reactions: jeewee3000
Wow this stock is really hard to trade right now. I sold 880cc for next week way to early yesterday and was over 100% down and I was worried lol. Thanks Elon..?.
Before you do anything with your positions make sure you check out the nightly videos/tweets from Cory, Wifey and all the TA experts 😀

Elon is definitely one of us. He just got a bit too aggressive with his CC this week…

thurs 7am OI
  • c800 18k
  • c750 15k
  • p750 3k
  • p700 12k
thurs 8pm Vol
  • c800 120k
  • c750 20k
  • p750 50k
  • p700 80k
fri 7am OI
  • c800 13k
  • c750 14k
  • p750 4k
  • p700 13k
specifically for c800: let me make sure i understand this correctly... huge 120k Vol decreased the wall from 18k to 13k.

so my takeaway lesson is this: don't assume the wall will be "stronger" the next day just because there is huge Vol spike. Even tall walls can't be trusted. Stick to the original OTM% plan and don't adjust strikes.

Last edited:
Damn so Elon single handedly killed the rally? Btw check out this tweet from 2 days ago:
View attachment 812104
Again, can we not clutter this already cluttered options thread with Twitter posts? These kinds of posts are barely on topic in the main thread.

We've all gotten in the bad habit of posting "this is how the markets going" posts in here. This thread is for specific not advice for the drowning weekly options trader!

I am a ship! This chart is showing only the 6/3 expiry, based on Thursday closing OI and gamma calc. The begin of week and end of week remains mostly unchanged, suggesting it'd been relatively safe below 675 or above 835. Yesterday I thought I'd had the top and opened an -800/+850 BCS when we were at 760... not even close. So, I'll be taking this unique opportunity to play it safe by closing out this spread at market open.

EDIT: Closed spread at 90% !

TSLA-TotalGamma-02Jun2022.png

Last edited:
Again, can we not clutter this already cluttered options thread with Twitter posts? These kinds of posts are barely on topic in the main thread.

We've all gotten in the bad habit of posting "this is how the markets going" posts in here. This thread is for specific not advice for the drowning weekly options trader!
I think this is related.

I mean, what do we post, I sold bps/bcs 20% away from SP and hope it works?

This tweet and today’s news it seems will have a pretty significant effect.
Of course, market is bipolar and may take a week or a month to react and meanwhile you may get some lucky guesses as far as weekly price action, but to me it seems clear that the drowning weekly option seller (myself included) needs to hedge longer term.

This drop isn't about inflation, jobs reports, interest rates, cutting jobs at Tesla, etc.. It's all because I wrote a bunch of +590/-680 BPS yesterday and the MMs want to be sure I'm punished and never do it again....
Those 680's are fine. I'd only start to think of managing this position if we go sub $700.