Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a buy order for 2,000 shares at 720. We'll see if we fade into the close. That would solve my CC problem by adding to my share count so I lose fewer core shares to those CCs without having to buy them back. Of course if we drop to 680 after CPI numbers come out, then I would be able to close the CC for what I paid for them if I don't spend money to buy those 2,000 shares. Decision..., decisions....

Edit: My gut feeling is that CPI numbers will be good enough that the market starts a rally and we never see these share prices again. I just don't want to lose too much money if I'm wrong....
I went with the old philosophy - If you don't know what to do, do half. I bought 1,000 shares before close at around 725. We'll see what happens tomorrow and Friday....

In the last 2 days, the AH and pre-market highs are approximately dictating what is the day's High.

View attachment 814112
Mon/Tue - the AH and pre-market Highs are approximately dictating what is the day's High
Wed - the pre-market High is the Close

1654718497215.png

Last edited:
Looking at this week only, OI from 720 to 735 tightened, put and call walls at 700 and 750 strengthened, interest to 800 seems to be thinning. Barring CPI influence and other news, we had three days of slight call bias, enough sideways trading for Friday to close +/- 10 of where we sit ?

View attachment 814356 View attachment 814357 View attachment 814358

That’s the way it looks now, but I think the CPI report coming out on Friday will move the market and TSLA along with it. I don’t have a prediction on which way though.

So I will be wary of holding options over Thursday-Friday night.

Had the short leg of all my remaining BPS assigned overnight. Will be selling some of those shares today. Glad that the BPS is resolved but with a pretty significant realized loss.
I check my email every morning expecting to see my 6/17 975/775 BPSs to be assigned but nothing yet. Waiting for SP 800 to close them out.

Regarding assignment, I take it the biggest danger is in the final week before expiration. Happened to me and many others already, and in I believe at least 90% of cases it only happens in the last days before expiration. (And if DITM = no time value , of course).

Would be very interesting to have data on how often early assignment happens say a month before expiration.

TL;DR: if you want to manage a DITM position, do it >7 DTE.

Last edited:
FWIW opened (again seemingly just a bit too early) -925/+1025 and -600/+500 ICs this morning for ~$2.55

Looks like one could've gotten almost $3 at the very bottom (so far) today.

FWIW closed whole thing at 0.25 net debit yesterday for just over 90% profit- between china #s incoming and CPI Friday I was fine leaving the last few pennies on the table

Reactions: UltradoomY