Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't stick. Will try again. I find RSI, MACD, and volume bars very helpful.

View attachment 814963
You (and @Yoona before you) have pointed to RSI and MACD recently.

Twitter account "DeafDayTrader" (here) used these indicators as well to day trade. Years ago I signed up with him for a brief while and got access to his trades (live) and his "book" (a pdf of around 7 pages) with his day trading technique. It was very poorly written and I couldn't get a grip on how he used these indicators properly.

I did some research on my own, but still I can't seem to understand exactly how RSI+MACD (+volume) is used as signal for entering/exiting trades.

Can anyone ELI5 ? Or maybe point to a good source to learn besides basic explanations of what RSI and MACD is?

Thanks in advance. Everything explained is of course 'not advice' and I am responsable for my own trades etc.

EDIT: DeafDayTrader is no longer active.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Or you could look at the timestamps lol.

Anyway we don't have a lot of support until 640 next, not advice.
well... we do have a put wall at 650 that MM would prefer to defend .. and also cover losses on the 700 put wall... but all depends on the macros.
I'm just happy we are not falling with a beta of 2..

Closed out all of next week’s CCs for about 75% profit, but leaving the 735 CSPs. Crazy times. Any surprise that we’re pinning on $700.xx for the close?:confused: How long will this bear market last? Unfortunately, it looks like it will be awhile and I will be stuck with my old 2015 70D for a few more years. I haven’t put in an order for a replacement because I need the SP to remain above $1200. Oh well.

Closed out all of next week’s CCs for about 75% profit, but leaving the 735 CSPs. Crazy times. Any surprise that we’re pinning on $700.xx for the close?:confused: How long will this bear market last? Unfortunately, it looks like it will be awhile and I will be stuck with my old 2015 70D for a few more years. I haven’t put in an order for a replacement because I need the SP to remain above $1200. Oh well.
OT: That might carry some risk.. a friend here has a 2013 S85, where drive unit died, and Tesla claims that while dying it shorted the main pack (pyro didn't blow and contactors stayed closed) and they need to replace both drive unit and pack.. repair quote was 19k€(!). We're looking at possible diy repair now..

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
(Would have been a) Great day to buy near worthless calls at the close and exercise them after hours when Tesla's SEC filing for a share increase to cover a 3:1 split drops...
SmartSelect_20220610-162645_TD Ameritrade Mobile.jpg

AMZN is just a mystery to me. Riding high on Monday at $128 and closes the week below $110. PE is still 53, but these guys could be an earnings behemoth in short order. I guess this is what happens when you become hard to classify and earnings are erratic.

Pretty easy to draw the distinction between AMZN and TSLA. If both maintain today's share price, on July 25th AMZN's PE will have gone from 53 to likely 56 or so. TSLA will likely go from 94 to something below 75.

Here's a crazy thought.......if these two trade flat thru 3Q earnings, their PEs could very well cross!

Made lemonade out of the CPI report today. It was clear how the day was going to go so I was pretty aggressive.

5x 730/780 $3.39 -> $1.18
5x 720/770 $4.46 -> $2.39
2x 725/775 $5.28 -> $4.47
5x 735 cc. $2.71 -> $0.10

Best trading day in a while.

Bought a couple of shares and rolled a 7/1 750/550 to 7/1 650/500 with today’s proceeds (for safety).

Have a good weekend, players ✌️

Mon/Tue - the AH and pre-market Highs are approximately dictating what is the day's High
Wed - the pre-market High is the Close

View attachment 814269
Mon/Tue - the AH and pre-market Highs are approximately dictating what is the day's High
Wed - the pre-market High is the Close (just off by $6)
Thu - the pre-market Low is the Close (just off by $6)
Fri - the pre-market Low is the Close (just off by $1)

the last 3 days would have been perfect for daytrading straddles

1654901307256.png

Last edited: