Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my plan for this week is
  • STO -p590 and CC 860, just need to time it
  • no daytrading (exceptional macros, extreme risk)
fearless forecast is June monthend ⬆️ compared to today

low pre-market was 663 or so, felt it was too early to click go on the -p580 ... looked sweet at 661, now awaiting a retrace

EDIT: in on a few 580s, a bit early but in

Last edited:
I had a 700C covered call that I sold on Friday, got assigned by IBKR Saturday morning, which surprised me, since the closing price was $696.69, but I guess due to after-hours higher price it was exercised. Funny thing is, now the SP is down into the 660s, so I could buy it back for cheaper, LOL.

But instead, I'm gonna by some LEAPs. BTW, it is in Tax Free Savings account (TFSA), so I do not have to pay tax on the profits.
Called my brokerage to confirm , my 6/10 700c did also got assigned. I was worried about missed gains with the stock split pop🥶. Guess don’t need to worry for now. This was an atm 5/27 $670c that I rolled. Good news is with this sale I m no longer at risk of being margin called at any share price down to $0. So I can sleep better at night. Still have 2x 9/16 700c that was rolled from 2x 5/27 600c that was sold to raise cash in case of a margin call back when tsla was at $620. But since I no longer need the cash I will have to find a good time to buy to close those out.

Sold -530/+430 for a seemingly crazy $2.40 (sticking to 20% OTM for put short legs from monday opens during these crazy times, esp when I can get effectively ~125% annualized ROIC profits on em)

yeesh- this is already approaching 50% profit... would almost be tempted to make it a day trade except I've no idea what I'd use the freed $ for that'd be better than just waiting for rest of the value to bleed out...

I had a 700C covered call that I sold on Friday, got assigned by IBKR Saturday morning, which surprised me, since the closing price was $696.69, but I guess due to after-hours higher price it was exercised. Funny thing is, now the SP is down into the 660s, so I could buy it back for cheaper, LOL.

But instead, I'm gonna by some LEAPs. BTW, it is in Tax Free Savings account (TFSA), so I do not have to pay tax on the profits.

I was thinking of buying some ITM LEAPs for that money, but instead I opted for a YOLO-style:
50x TSLA Nov.18'22 1200C at $14 contracts, spending the $70K I got for the shares.
Yeah, I know 1200 seems like lala-land right now, but back in April when we were at 1100, these contracts were going for close to $200.
If we get any kind of macro recovery and the split has its boosting effect, plus a good Q3, then even if they don't become ITM, I'm hoping I will be able to sell them in October for a nice profit.

Crazy sell off the last two days. My gut feeling is that tomorrow is a Green Day for the markets and TSLA, but I wasn't convinced enough to buy back CCs I sold today for cash/margin in case we dip further. I was able to move things around and overall I have fewer CCs than I did this morning but kept overall cash the same. My biggest problem are the 620 strike Puts for Friday that I sold last Friday. I'm waiting to roll those for now....

I spent the weekend thinking of all kinds of creative strategies to roll and split the underwater bps I’m holding. I had some good ideas, but realized they would all fail if the share price keeps sliding. In fact even seemingly conservative strategies could just end up deepening losses.

The dump today helped me find clarity. I’ll be focusing on buying back my bps and/or adding cash or shares until I am confident we’ve bottomed out. $500 feels like a real possibility now, as crazy as that seems. I’m not predicting that by any means but I’m preparing for that horrific eventuality.

I’m going to do this as expeditiously as I can with day-trading profits.

Today was another very profitable day for trading because it was so predictable.

A few of my trades today:

5x 750 cc $2.50
2x 620p. $11.22 -> $18.85
2x 720/780. $8.92 -> $6.86
4x 730/790 $7.45 -> $4.95
10x 740/800 $5.86-> $2.78

+ many more like these

Used today’s profits to buy 3 shares and close 7/1 650/500 bps and roll 750/550 -> 750/600.

Although my account went down a fair amount today, I ended up with more margin, more cash, and more shares.
A step in the right direction. ✌️

Last edited: