Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

"Options, which have underpriced moves in the stock (higher and lower) during its large swings of the past year are now pricing about a 15% move for the rest of July and about a 35% move by year end."

1657027608234.png

This is the part of the week where I say there's no 7/8 BPS with premium worth selling.....and Yoona posts a +45% day trade.

I'll be looking to jump into 7/15 BPS on Wednesday at $500/400. Hopefully we're sitting at $630.....then obviously close the week at $795.

I'm (by far) no Yoona... but I sold BPS for 7/8 -550/+450 for $1.69 and it's up ~30% after an hour if that helps!

Sold 07/08 -p650 for $20 when sp dipped to around 652. Just too tempting.
If this gets assigned, I really don't mind buying shares at 630 😎
i missed a buy-write 660 then STO 640cc 39 credit

becoz i over-analyzed it to death

wasn't that free money whether 19 ITM or 39 OTM???

what. am. i. missingggggggggggggggggg?

in other news: 50sma is excellent support during the 10:30 MMD, 673 is resistance 2x so far, sp can't break past PM Low

1657033455976.png

I've got 550-500 BPS I sold on Friday and are up ~50%. I'll sit on these the margin would not be used. I sold a few 740 CC's and will sell more if we get a bounce this afternoon. Macros and another round of Covid in China have me worried. So much positive possibilities, but negative issues outside of Tesla control makes me want to continue hedging against downside. Careful on the BPS, no big gains and more aggressive on the CC's and no margin on the calls.

The "B" in BCS/BPS doesn't tell us anything btw.

Unless I'm missing something that everyone here already knows... edit: now that I think of it, I never see it written that way anywhere else. I guess it's safe to assume bull but why don't you guys say short or long?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yoona
i missed a buy-write 660 then STO 640cc 39 credit

becoz i over-analyzed it to death

wasn't that free money whether 19 ITM or 39 OTM???

what. am. i. missingggggggggggggggggg?

in other news: 50sma is excellent support during the 10:30 MMD, 673 is resistance 2x so far, sp can't break past PM Low

View attachment 824948
If it breaks 673, where is the next resistance? Are we clear up to 700? We seem to be in a pretty solid channel between 650 and 750.

The "B" in BCS/BPS doesn't tell us anything btw.

Unless I'm missing something that everyone here already knows... edit: now that I think of it, I never see it written that way anywhere else. I guess it's safe to assume bull but why don't you guys say short or long?
The "B" is different for the two. Bull Put Spread and BEAR Call Spread since we are selling the spreads, not buying them, in this thread.

I think we're seeing hedgies watching oil for signs of breakdown. Brent shot down to -8% real quick and QQQ shot up.

The likes of XOM are about to report record earnings and will be so flush with profits they'll need to invest in new production. Can't be looking like the price gougers they are!

I think this supercharges the transitory inflation angle and we could see some tech spiking. Look out CC sellers! The steamroller is being fired up!

I think we're seeing hedgies watching oil for signs of breakdown. Brent shot down to -8% real quick and QQQ shot up.

The likes of XOM are about to report record earnings and will be so flush with profits they'll need to invest in new production. Can't be looking like the price gougers they are!

I think this supercharges the transitory inflation angle and we could see some tech spiking. Look out CC sellers! The steamroller is being fired up!
We really need the forum designers to add a "Fingers Crossed" reaction for posts....