Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the insight. How is the debit vs credit roll price point calculated? I have December 1150 short side BPS that I want to roll to January, looking for similar ideal time to roll.
Usually at the mid-point of the spread you can roll without a debit. Above that you can roll for credit. I'm hoping I can roll without a debit with the SP a little lower due to having higher extrinsic in the long leg vs the short leg when the short leg is that far OTM....

Anyone have some not-advice for 11/18 BPS of +850/-1050 ? I feel like there are a few other people in a similar situation.

When I rolled these out back in Feb I thought it would be no problem but now I am starting to think I am going to have to manage them with their extrinsic value getting to be about $13 for the 1050 put with the SP being $700. I am tight on margin and would rather not sell any of my core shares. I was thinking an attempt to roll to Dec for a very slight credit if possible is my 'easiest' move but other ideas are welcome.
I have Dec. +850/-1150 which I will roll to 2024 in a few months if the SP isn't looking good. Right now I'm just trying to earn as much money as I can to pay for the rolls.

everyone stay cautious as we head into Earnings week... history is good but not the last 2 quarters

(edit: aka watch out in case there is bull trap)

1657204842903.png

1657204792365.png

Last edited:
everyone stay cautious as we head into Earnings week... history is good but not the last 2 quarters

View attachment 825789

View attachment 825788
Yep, I have some longer term puts I'll need to roll, thinking to put them into Nov. They are currently exp Aug/Sept at $1000 and $1050. These have been great however, even though underwater currently. I expect them to be fine post 1 month after Q3 earnings.

(edit: aka watch out in case there is bull trap)

View attachment 825789

View attachment 825788
I think the difference this quarter is that it is all Macro related (we aren't climbing 20% on Q2 Earnings FOMO. But NASDAQ could climb 10% in the next couple weeks if the market decides inflation is behind us, and that would mean 20+% TSLA....

For real. I've been asking for a TMC hedge fund for years!

I'd happily pay 2%.
Still can't get the idea out of my head.. so my head searches for solutions.

One idea i just had:

Making a Fund is slow, expensive and a legal hassle.

What if we together do "algorithmic trading". I have the expertise & knowledge to write software for this. Every major broker with their client-software offers plugins or similar to interface (and even do trades!) via external programs. To be on the safe side legally i devised this plan:

- Participating members install a program on their pc to control the trading & an app on their phone.
- vetted TMC-Mebers can suggest trades onto that group in real-time (or you can add a whitelist).
- you get a notification on your phone for a trade with some basic info:
- what
- P/L-diagram
- reasoning
- additionally an "always trust this person"-option.
- you can then accept the trade on your phone anywhere so even time-critical trades are possible
- the trade-order gets send to the program running on your pc while you go on with your normal life (and jobs .. ;) )

Legally you STILL do the trade. I don't know if that counts as "financial advice" and how you get around THAT legally .. but to an onlooker this looks like you are still in control of everything and do all the trades manually.

I have the knowledge (programming-wise) and the infrastructure (server-wise) to get that going.

BUT this depends on a few things:
- I must be able to live from the earnings of this program to dedicate all my time to it & fix problems immediately (think: ~$2000/month are enough)
- Some Members here (looking at you, @Yoona , @BornToFly and others ;) ) must be willing to feed trades into it
- Users must actually be willing to risk their hard-earned money with this.

I can have a prototype ready (interfacing with IBKR as i already have that one going) in about two weeks (calendar-weeks, not elon-weeks ;) ) and would then have to look into other brokerage-softwares (like fidelity or whatever you all use ;) ).

Anyone interested in such a plan?

I've got some -750 CCs for 7/8 that I'm still not tooooo worried about.... but let's say I did end up worried...anybody have any thoughts on what the ideal roll would be if we suddenly start seeing some movement north of 730 in the stock price?
Watch the IV and roll before it spikes on a macro move up. Roll to something like a week or two after Q2 earnings in hopes that stock will be pushed down by lower than expected EPS and production?

I'm looking to roll puts so I'm kinda doing the opposite...I've been too chicken to do CCs until we pass into the 800s.

Something a little weird I noticed - call volume on the $725 and $750 side for 07/08 (this week) is anemic compared to a normal 4% up day.
Usually that would be 50k plus contracts so far by 11am but are only around 17k for the $735 and 27k for the $750

Not sure what to make of this but it is weird to me.

Reactions: BornToFly
Still can't get the idea out of my head.. so my head searches for solutions.

One idea i just had:

Making a Fund is slow, expensive and a legal hassle.

What if we together do "algorithmic trading". I have the expertise & knowledge to write software for this. Every major broker with their client-software offers plugins or similar to interface (and even do trades!) via external programs. To be on the safe side legally i devised this plan:

- Participating members install a program on their pc to control the trading & an app on their phone.
- vetted TMC-Mebers can suggest trades onto that group in real-time (or you can add a whitelist).
- you get a notification on your phone for a trade with some basic info:
- what
- P/L-diagram
- reasoning
- additionally an "always trust this person"-option.
- you can then accept the trade on your phone anywhere so even time-critical trades are possible
- the trade-order gets send to the program running on your pc while you go on with your normal life (and jobs .. ;) )

Legally you STILL do the trade. I don't know if that counts as "financial advice" and how you get around THAT legally .. but to an onlooker this looks like you are still in control of everything and do all the trades manually.

I have the knowledge (programming-wise) and the infrastructure (server-wise) to get that going.

BUT this depends on a few things:
- I must be able to live from the earnings of this program to dedicate all my time to it & fix problems immediately (think: ~$2000/month are enough)
- Some Members here (looking at you, @Yoona , @BornToFly and others ;) ) must be willing to feed trades into it
- Users must actually be willing to risk their hard-earned money with this.

I can have a prototype ready (interfacing with IBKR as i already have that one going) in about two weeks (calendar-weeks, not elon-weeks ;) ) and would then have to look into other brokerage-softwares (like fidelity or whatever you all use ;) ).

Anyone interested in such a plan?
I would contribute 200 shares to this lol