Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: JustMe
My 150 C are doing great! My two BPS are killing it! My LEAPs only need like six more days of this to break even!

My 165, 170, 180, 185 CCs are getting absolutely hammered!

Is 165 is play for this week? I mean seriously?

How about my 185, 190, 200, 210 CCs for February 3? Might they be in jeopardy?

This is really starting to look like a gamma / shot squeeze for real.

My memories of run ups to ERs is that they start early (today), go sideways to slightly up going into the actual ER (tomorrow and Wednesday) and then usually consolidate post ER.

I believe the only way we can continue to run indefinitely is if this MEGAPACK great margin deal is a reality come Wednesday afternoon, but my brain tells me there is no possible way we will not see aggressive profit taking at some point regardless. My heart tells me to be scared.... very scared. But it always does this in both directions.

Yeeeesh. I am almost forced not to sell anymore 150C until I see red just to cover me butt.

My 150 C are doing great! My two BPS are killing it! My LEAPs only need like six more days of this to break even!

My 165, 170, 180, 185 CCs are getting absolutely hammered!

Is 165 is play for this week? I mean seriously?

How about my 185, 190, 200, 210 CCs for February 3? Might they be in jeopardy?

This is really starting to look like a gamma / shot squeeze for real.

My memories of run ups to ERs is that they start early (today), go sideways to slightly up going into the actual ER (tomorrow and Wednesday) and then usually consolidate post ER.

I believe the only way we can continue to run indefinitely is if this MEGAPACK great margin deal is a reality come Wednesday afternoon, but my brain tells me there is no possible way we will not see aggressive profit taking at some point regardless. My heart tells me to be scared.... very scared. But it always does this in both directions.

Yeeeesh. I am almost forced not to sell anymore 150C until I see red just to cover me butt.

The way I see it, if auto margins are respectable in Q4 earnings, or better than expected, OR megapack surprises in Q4, we can probably kiss the lows of the past few weeks goodbye. If margins disappoint, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of pullback / consolidation. I guess the other wildcard is any sort of future guidance that's viewed positively or negatively.

I also wouldn't be surprised at a market-wide rug pull, but that seems less and less likely by the day.

One thing's for sure...it's going to be interesting.

SPY>$400 alert, this can change things big time if still >$400 @ close today. Still suppose it could be the third rejection later today. If not, i will put up some -P . Already rolled -c 130's to 137 and 139 and was much surprised by today's price action.
We appear to be back to old school "@10:00 up? -> rest of the day up".
Looking for a little $TSLA pullback to go bullish on, only if SP>400
no pullback in sight, so maybe I will be in for a loss this week. Still holding on to -cc but this is a very strong move. As we know 150 wil be quite a hurdle to take and the 132 GAP is luring, but with everything going up and SPY 402 not pretending to be a false breakout for SPY later this week, we are back in the game of old-time "to the moon" and really have to buckle up for a good one. ER will be the judge.. Maybe even some sell-buy wednesday, what do you all think about the price-action? Could it be a high on wednesday close, then a week-low after-hours on ER, repaired by 2023 outlook at earnings call?(although Elon recently spoiled all calls and we have a bad history of selling the news. Why would it be different this time?) So hard to predict, but the odds surely are against $TSLA SP thursday. Especially if NASDAQ is down later in the week. Something smelly.
Good reason to not be in options wednesday night and cut my the biggest loss beforehand? On the other hand the bigger option-bets now seem to be below current SP. 140 tops, but this is so much easier to manipulate than last week.
The pullback isn't coming today IMHO, so it's gonna be a squeeze indeed until wednesday close. I'll roll all my -cc into -P far out, cautiously (so below current SP to prevent any assignment, maybe some $95 june 2025 (june '25's opened since today, I guess).

Reactions: bry_bry
no pullback in sight, so maybe I will be in for a loss this week. Still holding on to -cc but this is a very strong move. As we know 150 wil be quite a hurdle to take and the 132 GAP is luring, but with everything going up and SPY 402 not pretending to be a false breakout for SPY later this week, we are back in the game of old-time "to the moon" and really have to buckle up for a good one. ER will be the judge.. Maybe even some sell-buy wednesday, what do you all think about the price-action? Could it be a high on wednesday close, then a week-low after-hours on ER, repaired by 2023 outlook at earnings call?(although Elon recently spoiled all calls and we have a bad history of selling the news. Why would it be different this time?) So hard to predict, but the odds surely are against $TSLA SP thursday. Especially if NASDAQ is down later in the week. Something smelly.
Good reason to not be in options wednesday night and cut my the biggest loss beforehand? On the other hand the bigger option-bets now seem to be below current SP. 140 tops, but this is so much easier to manipulate than last week.
The pullback isn't coming today IMHO, so it's gonna be a squeeze indeed until wednesday close. I'll roll all my -cc into -P far out, cautiously (so below current SP to prevent any assignment, maybe some $95 june 2025 (june '25's opened since today, I guess).
One reason I'm sitting out this week is that in pre-split dollars, the share price is amazingly low. I still have a lot of my intuition tied up in the old share price.

At $145, that's $435 pre-split. I consider everything under $600 ($200 post split) to be cheap. Maybe the return will happen this week or this month - maybe not. I want to avoid getting in the way of an elevator going at least to 200.

Just to put some thoughts out there...

This is not a squeeze (definitely not a gamma squeeze)

This is good macro = TSLA up

This is run up to earnings

This is some small amount of short covering (smart ones)

This will be new shorts opening (soon)

IV is high, all the round numbers are going to be resistance on the way up - $145, $150, $155, etc.

A parabolic mover could happen, but would need both a positive E.R. guidance and good macro to get back to $200 this month.

More than likely, E.R. is positive and we stay below $200 but over $160 waiting on the FED first week in February.

Good luck all.

Today - STO 01/27 $160 CC for $2 each will look to manage these Thursday or whenever they are breached.

One reason I'm sitting out this week is that in pre-split dollars, the share price is amazingly low. I still have a lot of my intuition tied up in the old share price.

At $145, that's $435 pre-split. I consider everything under $600 ($200 post split) to be cheap. Maybe the return will happen this week or this month - maybe not. I want to avoid getting in the way of an elevator going at least to 200.

There is wisdom in this!

Just to put some thoughts out there...

This is not a squeeze (definitely not a gamma squeeze)

This is good macro = TSLA up

This is run up to earnings

This is some small amount of short covering (smart ones)

This will be new shorts opening (soon)

IV is high, all the round numbers are going to be resistance on the way up - $145, $150, $155, etc.

A parabolic mover could happen, but would need both a positive E.R. guidance and good macro to get back to $200 this month.

More than likely, E.R. is positive and we stay below $200 but over $160 waiting on the FED first week in February.

Good luck all.

Today - STO 01/27 $160 CC for $2 each will look to manage these Thursday or whenever they are breached.
Err you've said $200 this month? You're scaring the heck out of the majority here. both bulls and hears.

Weeeellll, thinking my 26x -c130's might need some, uhh, management end of the week 😬 but as I always mention, and will do so again, it's only 20% of available contracts, so to roll them up and out is no big deal

But looking to recuperate the lost profits from the 26x -c130's I was forced to close last Friday, STO 26x -c150 @$3.1 -> these might also be at risk, but the price is not an unattractive point to offload some shares to facilitate some put selling. If this sucker's going up, up, up, then that's where you want to be...
I'm wondering if will have one of those 38.2% pullbacks after earnings. I'm not a TA person, but it seems to be working pretty well about now. I'm hoping we can continue this run into earnings. Love to continue the run there with positive guidance, but it doesn't seem likely we could run all the way back to 200 without some pause and reversal to build on.

Last edited:
Same here ... but I think we need to get used to the new price. Market has re-evaluated TSLA in light of softening demand at the old prices (and ofcourse Elon selling a ton of stock).

We need to get a couple of quarters of ER with the new prices/ASP/GM out for the market to reassess TSLA.