Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I added 165cc... I might all in cash by the end of the week 😅 .
STO CC for 1/27 , $160 (10% @ 1.55), $162.50 (45% @ 1.00) , $165 (45% @ .80) ... had I held out a bit , could have done better; time will tell.
I've got $155ccs and $160ccs. I'm also adding some $130 puts (1/27 and 2/3 exp) for downside protection. Maybe my face gets ripped off...who knows..
I finally re-sold CCs at c160s, c165s and another p140. Not perfectly timed, but decent premiums anyway. Way more premium on the put side. Happy to roll CCs and let the puts exercise or expire.

Same here ... but I think we need to get used to the new price. Market has re-evaluated TSLA in light of softening demand at the old prices (and ofcourse Elon selling a ton of stock).

We need to get a couple of quarters of ER with the new prices/ASP/GM out for the market to reassess TSLA.
Disagree. Tesla back to $350 by EOY 🚀🚀🚀

I don't have any CC's in play at the moment so sitting back enjoying this run so far. I levered up again early last week selling DITM BPS (March'23 160/200) and using the proceeds to double my modest share count. So with these up days I'm seing my account liquidity go up round 2.5X the rate of TSLA, so feeling less pressure to sell BPS/BCS or day trade C+/P+ (although today would have been decent).

I could see us running up a bit more from here to say around the $155 mark before traders start taking rofits and pause the run or bring us back a bit. That would coincide with us hitting the 50 DMA currently around $154, RSI being oversold and we would also be well outside the upper Bolinger Band. We can typically go about three or so days above the upper BB before a pulll back inside. So this could come in the form of a sell the news after earnings with a pause before we continue to run up into next week (macros allowing). If we do pull back I'll be quickly de-leveraging and be ready to load up again if our run continues.

I don't have any CC's in play at the moment so sitting back enjoying this run so far. I levered up again early last week selling DITM BPS (March'23 160/200) and using the proceeds to double my modest share count. So with these up days I'm seing my account liquidity go up round 2.5X the rate of TSLA, so feeling less pressure to sell BPS/BCS or day trade C+/P+ (although today would have been decent).

I could see us running up a bit more from here to say around the $155 mark before traders start taking rofits and pause the run or bring us back a bit. That would coincide with us hitting the 50 DMA currently around $154, RSI being oversold and we would also be well outside the upper Bolinger Band. We can typically go about three or so days above the upper BB before a pulll back inside. So this could come in the form of a sell the news after earnings with a pause before we continue to run up into next week (macros allowing). If we do pull back I'll be quickly de-leveraging and be ready to load up again if our run continues.
Do you think the upper bollinger band is more or less responsive to SP changes than the 50 DMA?

The call/put gamma lines are just a reference to remind that gamma is highest ATM. It could be inferred just by the spot price or close price but not the extent of the bell shape. The crossing over of the call or put exposure bars is meaningless... I'm experimenting with the layout. Interest at 140c - 160c tops 120p -140p. We are gamma positive, MM will continue to fill buy orders with shares picked up at a discount the past few weeks... that's how I understand it to work. Will we see the mid 150's Tuesday?

TSLA-TotalGamma-23Jan2023.png

Last edited:
Do you think the upper bollinger band is more or less responsive to SP changes than the 50 DMA?
The upper BB should start to move sharply upwards if the run continues. Much more reponsive than the 50DMA. I expect the 50DMA will see more resistance as that sees us into a stronger bull trend that shorts will defend against.

I was thinking about opening a few BCS -167.5c/+175c for maybe $5 a 7% return if it gets there. Good idea or bad idea? That's like 23% OTM.
I'm showing 16% OTM. Personally I would be careful with BCS right now, as they are harder to roll than a CC. I know ERs have been disappointing recently, but this one could give us a 10% pop, and we could be starting from the mid 150s.

I'm showing 16% OTM. Personally I would be careful with BCS right now, as they are harder to roll than a CC. I know ERs have been disappointing recently, but this one could give us a 10% pop, and we could be starting from the mid 150s.

Sorry, I meant 23% from the Monday opening at $136ish. I like to look at the weekly total move. I told myself last year no more BCS but it is kind of tempting. The stock is down premarket so far so it might not even hit my target price.

I can't stand Gene. He is more bullish on Apple than on Tesla by 2025. That makes no sense. We have a big run up since the lowest so there might be sell off but nothing huge IMO.
I also don't have a huge amount of respect for Gene as I dont see him as someone who gets Tesla, particularly on a deeper analytical level. He could be right on the market dynamics after the earnings report but for the wrong reasons. As the @The Accountant pointed out in this post: Near-future quarterly financial projections, Wall Street analysts are generally poor in recognising the reduction in COGS that Tesla can acheive. So I'm still sceptical that Tesla would guide for anything as low as 15% margins unless Elon wants to be super conservative.

Ask yourself what happens if TSLA decides to climb the same way it fell recently. Ten points a day. Day after day.

I know, not to be expected. Unprecedented. The technicals need to be respected. And yet… this is pretty much Tesla at this point. Unexpected and in the business of the unprecedented (recent history of five decades or so and nothing else matters for most market historians. Ever heard the term ‘this time it’s different’?).

TSLA is more of a sure bet IMO here than it has ever been in terms of no fear of viability whatsoever. This is a big deal for institutional buyers, who were mostly absent in previous runs. If their internal models are showing conservative 35% growth rates, 25 B on balance sheet and forward PE of 20 at current price level, a large number of them will be very willing to put some money to work. I am sure many already have. Couple that with smart shorts exiting and TSLA suddenly becoming a retail call option buying darling, and what have you got?

Not saying this will happen. We have have a large move up since New Year. I am saying that until TSLA is above 200, upward moves may be violent and nasty to your positions. Unless of course you bought calls 😁.

Earnings and more importantly guidance…..

Investor day may be a bigger mover for the SP as well. New product announcements and timelines? The lifeblood of crazy stock moves.

Weeeellll, thinking my 26x -c130's might need some, uhh, management end of the week 😬 but as I always mention, and will do so again, it's only 20% of available contracts, so to roll them up and out is no big deal

But looking to recuperate the lost profits from the 26x -c130's I was forced to close last Friday, STO 26x -c150 @$3.1 -> these might also be at risk, but the price is not an unattractive point to offload some shares to facilitate some put selling. If this sucker's going up, up, up, then that's where you want to be...
hello, what is the plan for this week's -c130?