Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
today's Low = Pivot Point 141.13
1674575636928.png

hello, what is the plan for this week's -c130?
For the moment I wait and see... if the SP closes the week ~142 then I can close everything break-even, if not then I will probably just roll the -c130's to next week, knock off a couple of contacts with the extra premium and straddle some puts at the same strike to further reduce the calls, can reduce by 3-4 contracts weekly like that

If the SP really gets out of hand then I'll thrown them out to March or June...

The -c150's I'm expecting to expire given the big -c150 wall, but you never know, in any case, unless we get an insane move to the upside after earnings I expect a free roll up to next week on those - if I can eke them up to the 180's then I'd be very happy

The -c150's I'm expecting to expire given the big -c150 wall, but you never know, in any case, unless we get an insane move to the upside after earnings I expect a free roll up to next week on those - if I can eke them up to the 180's then I'd be very happy

Options volume this session as of 12:25 (where contracts > 500) , 150 continues to be a hit , Call to Put ratio, 2:1

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 12.39.29 PM.png

Over in the perpetual investor thread there’s an interesting @Yoona like post regarding daily historical SP moves before and after earnings. Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable
Edit: and IV on MaxPain continues its daily increase since last week, further confirming my stupidity for selling options too early again.

Here is the original image from the linked tweet.

1674585587752.png

Movement from ER day closing to Friday closing is not that big - about 10% max. So, may be an Iron Candor with 15% OTM can be tried before close tomorrow. But I'll probably pass ...

I just copied this BPS - so fun doing stuff like this again.

STO -$140 / +$125 BPS - $8.20 each

Small position but gets the juices flowing!
Closed these BPS opened ITM from last week this morning at $3.25 each.

Pocketed almost $5 each from following an ITM BPS trade I had high confidence in.... normally I would say Whiskey money, but since I am doing dry January... Sushi money??

Just trying to post more of my activity - seems most around here have been burned and aren't doing much activity or not posting it and just linking other content from Twitter with no analysis - just "Twitter man chart picture"

I don't get a lot from that, what does that mean to you, how is that relevant to us or to TSLA?? Or do the colors and lines just look cool?

If other people get a lot out of it, more power to you, just stating my opinion.

Looking to open some more leaps next week for the new June 25' exp. if my $175's hit, or just take some cash and do it now while they are cheaper...?
Looking at the $200 strike as usual...

i'll stop
You don't have to stop - I would have DM'd you but your DM's are not open.

Just asking for more commentary or why you thought it was important to share - obviously you saw something - just share what your thoughts are with that in the post.

I don't know why Wave C has any meaning in this context -

So, could you elaborate on what you think with this @Yoona we all appreciate your data driven posts but lately posting a twitter screen shot isn't giving us any insight...
Not trying to be snippy but you posted numerous of these with nothing else added.
Interesting, is the implication they see only a drop back to 139 and a move back up from there? Don't ever stop!

The gamma exposure chart mirrors the options volume today, c150 is hot, c160 increased slightly. While still gamma positive, c140 retracted some, all puts below that strike saw an increase in interest. It's feeling like the calm before the storm. Aftermarket seems undecided as well. If we dip hard, I may close the 1/27 -160cc and consider selling another expiry/strike Thursday. I'll leave -c162.5 and -c165 to expire or if needed, roll out a week.

TSLA-TotalGamma-24Jan2023.png
TSLA-TotalGamma-23Jan2023.png

Reactions: UltradoomY
Hmmmm, Nasdaq futures down and CNBC article on gloomy MSFT forecast. Looks like they’re setting up for tanking the market. That would destroy all those who bought calls in front of TSLA earnings. Maximum pain to speculators. I rolled some CCs down from 165s to 150s, maybe a mistake. Will probably close before earnings if we open lower or have a MMD. Still holding -p140s for the IV drop and will roll on Friday if needed. Given all of the positive news and great future, I’m having a hard time deciding if the stock will sell off (again, like last January) on the great financials. GLTA and stay safe, don’t over leverage.