Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the muted market response to pretty good and expected PCE numbers, I would guess the market was looking to sell off hard, which makes sense as it is Friday and the MMs want the call options to bleed.

TSLA is a wild card here. Lot of momo this week so we will probably have some excitement at least for a while.

Have 165 and 170 CC.

Going to wait it out for now.

EDIT: The bear case now is about impending recession and lack of Pricing in contracting SPs in markets due to falling earnings, in conjunction with inability for FED to help out until inflation at 2 percent.

Last edited:
Reactions: bry_bry
:mad:
I could have rolled my 162.5CC to 180 for next week for only a .3 debit yesterday.

It sure looks like we are going to go on an extended run. We dropped from 300 to 104 in just a few months. Going back over 200 without much of a breather certainly seems possible. A Moody's upgrade would add fuel to the fire and maybe get us back to 300?

I'm going to try to roll this morning and sell 2X more CC to cover the debit (hopefully we have a small dip 15-30 minutes after the open). This means all my shares will now have CC for next week. I hope I don't have to sell all my shares in the next few weeks, or roll to 2023/2024.

I could have rolled my 162.5CC to 180 for next week for only a .3 debit yesterday.

It sure looks like we are going to go on an extended run. We dropped from 300 to 104 in just a few months. Going back over 200 without much of a breather certainly seems possible. A Moody's upgrade would add fuel to the fire and maybe get us back to 300?

I'm going to try to roll this morning and sell 2X more CC to cover the debit (hopefully we have a small dip 15-30 minutes after the open). This means all my shares will now have CC for next week. I hope I don't have to sell all my shares in the next few weeks, or roll to 2023/2024.
For myself, wondering if it might be best to absorb a few small debit rolls and not write any new contracts. I’m wary of how quickly and for how long SP can recover after the “artificial“ drop in December, and how next week’s likely slowing of Fed rate increases could be extrapolated by the broader market. Renewed buying interest in TSLA seems confirmed.

Last edited:
I plan to let my $170 CC's execute next week (got $1 for these) these shares were Put to me at $175 and with CC sales my cost basis is around $160.

Will convert that cash to 30 x $200 Leaps for the June 2025 strikes at what I am guessing is going to be about $50 per contract at the time.

Not a bad conversion for "Wheeling" these shares for less than a month. Then plan to write 30 more Leap CC's over $200 with them for the next 12 months.

Sold some 150 C and used profits to close out 190 CCs for 2/3 and 195 CCs for 2/10.

I am a lucky fellow.

Thinking of letting some of my Calls execute. Does this sound like a good plan, or am I smoking the hopium?

EDIT: Still of the opinion that the market grinds down from here for today, as traders look forward to next week, the spectre of JPOW, and the certainty of booking profit from the last few days.

Last edited:
Powell has an interesting choice here on whether to push back on the market's forceful rally or to let traders know in no uncertain terms that they cannot expect a bailout from the Fed. My guess is that the Fed is once again forced to crush markets' dreams of a pivot, especially if my views regarding early indicators of inflation end up being shared by the FOMC. Remember that markets are reflexive – the economic conditions for today's rally were set by tighter financial conditions in the fall that led to better inflation numbers. In turn, the conditions for the selloff in October were set by the panic rally in risk assets over the summer that the Fed had to crush at Jackson Hole. The more the market bets on a Fed pivot, the less likely it is to happen, and vice versa.
Seeking Alpha on Market Pivot and Inflation

38513626-16747481036201577.png

this run up is pretty crazy while couple days ago we had CGS advocating selling the stock at even $120 expecting a drop to $60. Now we are back over $160 in the blink of an eye. Momentum picked up so fast. We really had total capitulation in the stock and now complete reversal.

I don’t feel like working hard anymore with my portfolio going back up with my LEAPS already +90% over 1 month.
I have no more margin to pay since selling my 10000 shares at the bottom to convert to LEAPS cleared my whole margin.

Damn, what do I do now? Booked a Heliski trip in Alaska for April!

this run up is pretty crazy while couple days ago we had CGS advocating selling the stock at even $120 expecting a drop to $60. Now we are back over $160 in the blink of an eye. Momentum picked up so fast. We really had total capitulation in the stock and now complete reversal.

I don’t feel like working hard anymore with my portfolio going back up with my LEAPS already +90% over 1 month.
I have no more margin to pay since selling my 10000 shares at the bottom to convert to LEAPS cleared my whole margin.

Damn, what do I do now? Booked a Heliski trip in Alaska for April!
That took a lot of guts! Here is to a well deserved trip! 🍻

Reactions: ShareLofty
I sold 58x Covered Calls for 170 expiring tosay on shares I can’t lose. I thought it would be safe, not looking very good. Anyone here have a sense if we’re closing at 170 today?
Doubtful, but if it hits $168 after 3pm, I’d roll. With all this momentum, the Friday closing cross could easily bump it $2 after 3:30.

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand