Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling, Upgrading, Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned my 2021 M3SR+ for almost a year now and I've loved it. Because of the times we are in right now, I've decided to sell, make a bit of money, and upgrade to a LR. My 2022 LR is scheduled for late Feb, early March.

I've got a few questions about the M3LR and I'd love your feedback.

1) I'm planning on keeping my floor mats, trunk mat, and frunk liner, and rear spoiler. Everything I've read says they should all work in the 2022 LR, am I wrong?

2) I used the TeslaOffer kit and unlocked the speakers and added a RF 10inch sub, the LR has the ungraded stereo already, I'm looking for feedback on the Tesla subwoofer, how is it? I'm not looking to have people hear me coming, just nice bass...

3) I'm waiting on Tesla to make me an offer on my trade, but I expect it will be low. What's people's experience trading into Tesla? The biggest advantage for me is that in BC I only pay the tax (15%) on the difference, so depending what they offer, it could really be worth it (I've had lots of offers from dealers and interest from private, but haven't chosen yet).

4) Being a late Feb, most likely March delivery, what's the change I get the new AMD chip, 12V battery and the new motor?

5) Acceleration boost - Worth the $3000? Obviously I'll drive the car first, but I'm just wondering if anyone regrets buying it? The LR should be a lot faster than what I'm used to already...

6) I"ve had people ask for my VIN to do a carfax, is it OK to give out the VIN (I have not yet)?

7) My SR+ has a funky polarized (?) top glass that goes "copper" when it gets wet, but I've yet to see that on many other Teslas, is it unique? My buddy just got his 2022 SR+ and it doesn't have it, might the LR? I'm starting to wonder if it's only with the midnight silver metallic? (see pic). It's not a deal breaker, but I kind of like it...

20220203_161937.jpg

Thanks in advance, I love the knowledge found here!

I've owned my 2021 M3SR+ for almost a year now and I've loved it. Because of the times we are in right now, I've decided to sell, make a bit of money, and upgrade to a LR. My 2022 LR is scheduled for late Feb, early March.

1) I'm planning on keeping my floor mats, trunk mat, and frunk liner, and rear spoiler. Everything I've read says they should all work in the 2022 LR, am I wrong?

2) I used the TeslaOffer kit and unlocked the speakers and added a RF 10inch sub, the LR has the ungraded stereo already, I'm looking for feedback on the Tesla subwoofer, how is it? I'm not looking to have people hear me coming, just nice bass...

3) I'm waiting on Tesla to make me an offer on my trade, but I expect it will be low. What's people's experience trading into Tesla? The biggest advantage for me is that in BC I only pay the tax (15%) on the difference, so depending what they offer, it could really be worth it (I've had lots of offers from dealers and interest from private, but haven't chosen yet).

4) Being a late Feb, most likely March delivery, what's the change I get the new AMD chip, 12V battery and the new motor?

5) Acceleration boost - Worth the $3000? Obviously I'll drive the car first, but I'm just wondering if anyone regrets buying it? The LR should be a lot faster than what I'm used to already...

6) I"ve had people ask for my VIN to do a carfax, is it OK to give out the VIN (I have not yet)?

7) My SR+ has a funky polarized (?) top glass that goes "copper" when it gets wet, but I've yet to see that on many other Teslas, is it unique? My buddy just got his 2022 SR+ and it doesn't have it, might the LR? I'm starting to wonder if it's only with the midnight silver metallic? (see pic). It's not a deal breaker, but I kind of like it...

View attachment 764816

I can only comment on a few from your list:

1. I had the 2021 SR+ and upgraded to the 2022 LR. I kept the mats and they fit perfectly.
6. I dont see any problem with giving out the VIN. I have done it in the past. I may be wrong.
7. Not sure what that copper hue is but is certainly cool. I have seen it on a white MS at the Tesla in St. Louis. So its not limited to the MSM.

Good luck with the upgrade.

Reactions: RG-M3
4. Very likely at this point. It appears that all vins >160XXX have had the AMD chip.

5. I have yet to hear anyone say "I wish my car was slower". Kind of like saying "I wish my TV was smaller". I havent read a single person say they were not happy with purchasing this, but whether something is "worth it" depends entirely on how much money the upgrade cost actually is to you, in relation to your cash flow / income / savings, etc.

7. Thats a coating that is on some earlier model 3s. I am surprised to see you say you have it on a 2021. Tesla switched to a different product that does not do that, but its purely visual. My 2018 has that, but its not indicative that your car has anything special or is missing something if it doesnt have it. Tesla just swapped to a different coating that doesnt have that characteristic.

Reactions: RG-M3

View attachment 764816

Trading in to Tesla is only for people who hate money. Use another service or sell privately.

1. maybe the frunk is different? not sure. everything else should be the same.
6. anyone can view your VIN through your windshield when parked in public. nothing really mischievous can be done with that information.
7. that should not have existed in the recent cars

Did exactly what you are proposing. Just took del of the LR last month. Also I’m in GTA.

Identical mats etc. exact same as 2021 SR+ was.

AMD is a matter of VIN..luck of the draw at this timeframe. Especially for Can deliveries. We usually get it last compared to US.

I also had an upgraded 12” box and amp installed in the SR+. I find the LR oem system amazing as it is! More front end bass and kick than the SR which added a diff deeper 12” style bass omnidirectionally but more from the rear. The stock audio on the LR won’t leave you wanting more that’s for sure..they even added a separate sub control in V11. 8” vs 12” def a diff kick but it’s so clean you wont need the 10” you have. I have my 12 and amp to install in a PY coming in a month. I find the Y system lacking somehow in bass as it seems optimized more for the 3 cabin. Odd as it’s the same system. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Top glass…the new LR won’t have this. Not sure if it was polarized glass vs not? 🤷🏽‍♂️

ABoost I had it on a 21 MY LR and I can say it made a hell of diff on low and mid range power! I’m going to get it on the LR shortly..prob let winter go by another 6 weeks as it’s a waste in NE winter climate lol.
I can imagine 3.7 sec as my 2018 100D S was 3.7/3.8 and it was stupid fast. Sub 4 you really feel the diff compared to mid 4’s. Then next big change is sub 3 😉

Worthy upgrade in all respects. The range,’power, awd, stereo, heated steering make it worth it for us.

4. Very likely at this point. It appears that all vins >160XXX have had the AMD chip.

5. I have yet to hear anyone say "I wish my car was slower". Kind of like saying "I wish my TV was smaller". I havent read a single person say they were not happy with purchasing this, but whether something is "worth it" depends entirely on how much money the upgrade cost actually is to you, in relation to your cash flow / income / savings, etc.

7. Thats a coating that is on some earlier model 3s. I am surprised to see you say you have it on a 2021. Tesla switched to a different product that does not do that, but its purely visual. My 2018 has that, but its not indicative that your car has anything special or is missing something if it doesnt have it. Tesla just swapped to a different coating that doesnt have that characteristic.
Good info, thanks. No idea why my 2021 has the polarized, but of a unicorn I guess. I'll miss it, but not a deal breaker