Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling user model x questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I have a 2018 P100D Model X with 58K miles on it, FSD and six seater with center console. White exterior and black interior. Thing is fully loaded and insanely fun to drive. Sadly, I travel so much for work now that it kind of makes like no sense to keep it. Sadly I have a loan on it so I can’t just sell it to a dealer and be done since they all wanna give me like 45k for it which is less than I owe. Any advice here? Seems silly to have such a sweet car collecting dust and costing me money when I don’t use it.

Hi all,
I have a 2018 P100D Model X with 58K miles on it, FSD and six seater with center console. White exterior and black interior. Thing is fully loaded and insanely fun to drive. Sadly, I travel so much for work now that it kind of makes like no sense to keep it. Sadly I have a loan on it so I can’t just sell it to a dealer and be done since they all wanna give me like 45k for it which is less than I owe. Any advice here? Seems silly to have such a sweet car collecting dust and costing me money when I don’t use it.

I dont understand the question here, frankly, other than an attempt to "soft advertise" a for sale ad in the regular subforums, which we do not allow here on TMC.

You would do the exact same thing you would do for any other car brand you had with a loan on it. You would go to all the used car sites and see what they offer you for it, and if its not enough to pay for the loan on the car either keep it or eat the difference. Same thing you would do for a Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, Caddilac, Ford, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, Genesis, Chevy, etc etc.

Not a soft sales post at all and yes I know how to sell a car, I’ve done it before. I was posting here cuz I was wondering if there were other options than just selling it the standard ways. For one thing Turo and car shares are something I was wondering if people would recommend or if perhaps there were specific avenues for selling a Tesla that maybe I was unaware of that were different than the usual avenues.

Not a soft sales post at all and yes I know how to sell a car, I’ve done it before. I was posting here cuz I was wondering if there were other options than just selling it the standard ways. For one thing Turo and car shares are something I was wondering if people would recommend or if perhaps there were specific avenues for selling a Tesla that maybe I was unaware of that were different than the usual avenues.
Here are places that deal with electric only. The first has a cash offer page. I think you can use them to sell your car there too. Desc of FindMyElectric on their cash offers and their page to request the cash offer

Here are a couple of links that will help you price it.
  • Tesla-Info.com
  • OnlyUsedTesla.COM
  • Cars.com
  • AutoTrader.com