Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling X Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
Okay, so unfortunately I'm not able to configure my X at this time :)crying:) and I received a configuration email a while ago... Instead of getting a refund from Tesla, does anyone know anything about selling the reservation and/or would anyone like to purchase mine?

Okay, so unfortunately I'm not able to configure my X at this time :)crying:) and I received a configuration email a while ago... Instead of getting a refund from Tesla, does anyone know anything about selling the reservation and/or would anyone like to purchase mine?

You cannot officially sell the reservation. You have to purchase the car and then resell it.

With a Res # around 15827, I don't think you have much to offer anyway, You're probably better off just cancelling and getting your deposit back.

Since all people with orders have already been invited to configure, I don't see any value in buying a reservation. My advice is to take the zero risk approach. Get your deposit back now, and order anew when the time is right.

Not ALL. If you reserved on or after 1/11 (like me) we have not been invited to configure.

- - - Updated - - -

Not ALL. If you reserved on or after 1/11 (like me) we have not been invited to configure.

OK, that's scary. Posted this, flipped back over to my gmail tab in my browser...configuration invite!

Congrats! Know what you're going to get? I hard the hardest time between 6/7 seats and accessory vs. tow hitch.

I've got 3 kids so I want to go 7 seats. Want to be able to haul all 5 of us and still have the rear cargo space.

Totally torn on accessory vs tow. Always use a hitch mount bike rack. With the X will have to move to a hitch mount ski rack. Don't currently have anything to tow...but...what if...

Totally torn on accessory vs tow. Always use a hitch mount bike rack. With the X will have to move to a hitch mount ski rack. Don't currently have anything to tow...but...what if...

That's an easy decision. The accessory receiver is 1.25"; the tow receiver is 2". There are a lot more choices of accessories to fit a 2" receiver. Go with the tow package.

Good luck..don't forget your Canadian friends and share the Configuration...Premium or No?? seven seater and premium will get your X faster than those without it. Getting a invite on Wednesday is unusual.

Six or Seven seats will almost certainly get your X faster, and people who have ordered premium have gotten their VINs sooner than those without on P90Ds, but there's no data that deliveries happen sooner because of it. Also no data that seven seats have priority over six. Five is said to be delayed based on the configurator.