Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling your old vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here after having just put my order in for a MYLR with a tentative September delivery. Will be moving on from a 2020 Ford Raptor that by KBB trade-in value is currently putting me at $3k MORE than I paid for it. Checking in with some Raptor forums, everyone is seemingly getting at or over what they paid for on 2019+ Raptors. The September delivery has me hoping the used market doesn't cool off by then.

Aside from that, I'm sure many got out of their previous vehicles in a not-so-ordinary-dealership kind of way. Carvana, KBB Cash offer, and Carmax seem to be solid options but curious if anyone has had experience with them. Tesla offered me $68,500 for the Raptor, but KBB trade in has me at $77k. Over what I paid seems too good to be true, but the used market is nuts right now.

Almost has me thinking of selling it now and renting something until Tesla day, in the event the used market cools off.

So, any experience or advice on where to sell?

I really try to be helpful, and not be the "did you search" guy, but, did you even TRY to search for this before posting? I've answered on one similar thread started today and have read several others without replying. That's just in the Model Y specific forums too.