Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Semi-Active Suspension now available for the Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tevo Solutions

Former Vendor
Dec 21, 2020
UK
We think the market for this product is going to be limited in the UK (mainly due to the cost!) but we are just about to release what we believe to be the first semi-active suspension kit designed for the Model 3 and Model Y, so I'd like to put this here just to see if anyone is interested.

The plan is also to release a more conventional, manually adjustable version of the kit which would be significantly less expensive, but as we've already got a few pre-orders for the semi-active kit, I thought there may be a few of you who want the absolute ultimate in suspension and like the idea of being able to switch from 'comfort' to 'fast-road' and 'track' modes at the press of a button from the comfort of your driving seat!

Even if you're not interested in buying it, if you're curious about how it works and what it does I'd be happy to answer any questions here.

Electronic Semi-Active Suspension Kit for Model 3/Y

We think the market for this product is going to be limited in the UK (mainly due to the cost!) but we are just about to release what we believe to be the first semi-active suspension kit designed for the Model 3 and Model Y, so I'd like to put this here just to see if anyone is interested.

The plan is also to release a more conventional, manually adjustable version of the kit which would be significantly less expensive, but as we've already got a few pre-orders for the semi-active kit, I thought there may be a few of you who want the absolute ultimate in suspension and like the idea of being able to switch from 'comfort' to 'fast-road' and 'track' modes at the press of a button from the comfort of your driving seat!

Even if you're not interested in buying it, if you're curious about how it works and what it does I'd be happy to answer any questions here.

Electronic Semi-Active Suspension Kit for Model 3/Y
Nice looking system! Probably not for me as I already have an MPP and sway bar upgrade, but would have definitely put this is as a consideration. Would this bring the 3 inline with the raven S's setup?

The unknown here is what difference the updated basic Tesla package brings across the range - I've only been able to find fairly vague comparisons from people doing test drives so far.

The TracTive system won't give you control of the ride height from the cabin (ride height can be adjusted on the dampers manually though) and overall the Raven system is more complex, but I'd say you'd end up with a result somewhere between the best aftermarket coilover setup and the Raven setup.

The basic Tesla package will always be just that (basic). I've driven many standard and modified Model 3s back to back along the same roads and on test tracks and the factory suspension is nowhere near as good as even an average aftermarket coilover kit and it never will be due to cost constraints. Unless Tesla offers an option package with decent dampers and springs, the factory suspenion is always going to be sub-optimal. Even more so with the Model Y, IMO.