Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Semi event = truck load of customer M3's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That wouldn't really be enough cars to move the needle, I'd be surprised.

Maybe it's filled with all the "something specials" line waiters are supposed to get? Like hundreds of thousands of keychains!!!! lol
Why would we need a keychain? The Model 3 doesn't use a key or a fob. If anything a lanyard to hold the NFC card would be more appropriate.

Maybe the something special will be a Model 3 keyfob for the line waiters. :)

The surprise is that your Model 3 key fob will double as a new Tesla Rewards Credit Card. The only* card you'll ever need to carry.

* Exceptions apply, including employee pass cards, passport cards, Permanent Resident cards and drivers licenses**
** Subject to regulatory approval***
*** Additional requirements may apply

Maybe the semi event was delayed twice because they wanted to show it fully loaded with customer M3's?

I do think Tesla will have a custom car carrier made for car transport by their new semi. Tesla has to be the first customer for Tesla semi.

I don't expect a car announcement at the semi event, however. That doesn't maximize marketing value.

Reactions: RenMan68 and Vger
I'll go out on a limb here but I think at the Semi truck reveal they will actually announce that they made thousands of Semis. All of those semis will be hauling 8 Model 3's enough for all of the line waiters to get their cars tomorrow because the Semi's are full autonomous and will drop them off in front of your house. All you have to do is pick color and rim combination and the nearest truck to you will drop off the car at your front door the next day. There will be a fully automated robot named "Rosie" that will help you sign your paper work and then vacuum your house because you won't have enough time to clean because you'll be driving your car around town all day/night.

I'm really looking forward to this reveal, as much if not more than the Model 3.
I've put my guess out there a while ago but here goes again:

I suspect that the real advancement will be platooning a couple trucks together with one driver.
The magic sauce will be Tesla software, but the EV in the trucks will provide the fast response needed to maintain control.

I'm really looking forward to this reveal, as much if not more than the Model 3.
I've put my guess out there a while ago but here goes again:

I suspect that the real advancement will be platooning a couple trucks together with one driver.
The magic sauce will be Tesla software, but the EV in the trucks will provide the fast response needed to maintain control.
Exactly. It's not available right now, but will be by the end of December (year to be announced later).

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3
On a related note, recently Elon said something, during the Q3 call or an interview or maybe something else, about a real Model 3 launch coming up. It was casually slipped into something else he was mentioning. Anyone recall exactly what he said or when he said it?

I wonder if between that and his comment on Twitter last month that the first non employee configurations would open up in 6-8 weeks (six weeks would be this Friday) if the semi reveal doubles as an official Model 3 launch?

• Informative
Reactions: Pkmmte
On a related note, recently Elon said something, during the Q3 call or an interview or maybe something else, about a real Model 3 launch coming up. It was casually slipped into something else he was mentioning. Anyone recall exactly what he said or when he said it?

I wonder if between that and his comment on Twitter last month that the first non employee configurations would open up in 6-8 weeks (six weeks would be this Friday) if the semi reveal doubles as an official Model 3 launch?

If I recall correctly, your memory is playing tricks on you.;)

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Because of the batteries production bottleneck, the Semi Truck prototype
will not be yet fitted with batteries for the presentation.

a85e34aa23e71c3e_800x800ar.jpg