TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Semi in West Des Moines, IA while I was charging my Model S

Discussion in 'Semi' started by jaimed, Aug 29, 2018.

1. jaimed

jaimed Member

Great to see the Tesla Semi in West Des Moines, IA while I was charging my Model S. They are heading west to go back home. It was great talking to the crew and seeing the semi up close.

Attached Files:

• Love x 6
    • Like x 3
  2. ricebucket

ricebucket Member

How many supercharger stalls does the Semi draw power from at a time? No one has shown a clear picture of the extension cord/adapter it uses yet.

• Like x 1
  3. appleguru

appleguru Member

Any photos from the other side? Would love to see how they have it connected!

• Like x 1
  4. swegman

swegman Active Member

I read they use a special cable to connect to multiple Superchargers at once. How many chargers was it connected to while charging? If such a cable is provided with the Semi, it could impact the future availability of Superchargers for the Models S, X and 3.

5. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Up to 3, I believe.

6. Tezlanian

Tezlanian Member

What a jerk parking job.... :D

• Funny x 2
  7. jaimed

jaimed Member

There was only two of us charging so we stayed to one end. Not a lot of traffic coming and going here so it was no problem as far as taking up space. They politely asked us to stay on the opposite side of the charger and to not take any pictures to expose the charging setup or inside cab. They were great at interacting with us and answered what questions they could answer.

8. crmatson

crmatson Member

I saw it driving with a trailer on the edge of Des Moines/Ankeny on 2nd Avenue at 80/35. I was driving and couldn't get a picture. I was shocked to see it! I thought perhaps they were in town for Ruan Transportation who placed an order for 5 of them.

9. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Maybe he recently joined Tesla from BMW.

• Funny x 1
  10. Electroman

Electroman Active Member

Come on, don’t tease us. What did you ask and what did they answer?

• Like x 1
  11. jaimed

jaimed Member

The only thing that may be newsworthy is that this is one of only two active prototypes. They were making the rounds to future customers but couldn't share who they had visited. That is about it for new info that I hadn't heard before.

12. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

Wow we no longer have to just worry about SC stalls being ICE'd, now we have to worry about being semi'd.

• Funny x 1
  13. Brovane

Brovane Member

How do they think they can enforce this considering they are doing this charging in view of the public?

14. GreenT

GreenT Member

Elon will use Twitter