Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Semi in West Des Moines, IA while I was charging my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to see the Tesla Semi in West Des Moines, IA while I was charging my Model S. They are heading west to go back home. It was great talking to the crew and seeing the semi up close.

Attachments

• IMG_4712.JPG
    IMG_4712.JPG
    423.8 KB · Views: 216
I read they use a special cable to connect to multiple Superchargers at once. How many chargers was it connected to while charging? If such a cable is provided with the Semi, it could impact the future availability of Superchargers for the Models S, X and 3.

There was only two of us charging so we stayed to one end. Not a lot of traffic coming and going here so it was no problem as far as taking up space. They politely asked us to stay on the opposite side of the charger and to not take any pictures to expose the charging setup or inside cab. They were great at interacting with us and answered what questions they could answer.

I saw it driving with a trailer on the edge of Des Moines/Ankeny on 2nd Avenue at 80/35. I was driving and couldn't get a picture. I was shocked to see it! I thought perhaps they were in town for Ruan Transportation who placed an order for 5 of them.

The only thing that may be newsworthy is that this is one of only two active prototypes. They were making the rounds to future customers but couldn't share who they had visited. That is about it for new info that I hadn't heard before.

There was only two of us charging so we stayed to one end. Not a lot of traffic coming and going here so it was no problem as far as taking up space. They politely asked us to stay on the opposite side of the charger and to not take any pictures to expose the charging setup or inside cab. They were great at interacting with us and answered what questions they could answer.

How do they think they can enforce this considering they are doing this charging in view of the public?