Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Semi Truck testing near Montreal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just flew over the PMG Technologies vehicle testing track near Montreal today and noticed some big trucks drafting closely going fast around the oval track. Does anyone live near the track and know who is currently testing there? I just thought about this after reading the article on Electrek about Tesla planning to "Platoon" the trucks.

This is very plausible. They have Model 3 cars testing down in New Zealand at their Winter proving grounds as well so distance from factory is not an issue for production-intent vehicles. Being that the Semi had been driven around their factory several months ago, it's very conceivable they're doing alpha/beta testing on actual tracks now.

The method that Tesla went for passenger cars will very much mirror the Truck strategy in my estimation.
Roadster --> S --> 3
Semi --> Local Delivery --> Pickup
Semi will bring in loads of revenue, maybe at a smaller margin. It's basically a giant ass battery with a bit of vehicle on top. That will help get the production strategies into local delivery trucks and then when enough factories are built, they can afford to enter the pickup market with a practical and cost-effective pickup for the masses (tm).

Yeah, the trailer part looked a bit different like it bulged down between the back of the rig and the aft bogeys for aerodynamics. Unfortunately I couldn't get a good look as I was on the arrival to YUL and was limited to 4000 feet. I doubt my iPhone has any kind of zooming capability. I'll be doing that same arrival next week so i'll try to bring a better camera and hopefully they're still there. I'd really really love to do a low pass in the A320 but somehow I think it might get me in trouble haha!

We flew by today also. Managed to snap a shot. Kinda poor resolution. Trucks don't look that special.

Attachments

• 3 trucks.jpg
    3 trucks.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 88
Humm... ok, this is odd.

Since yesterday, there's a chopper doing very low passes over the PMG track. Not sure what there are doing.. filming perhaps? They also spray the woods south of the track for mosquito control but this is usually a plane, not a chopper!

Video taken from South-East of the track. Helo's path is parallel to the straights of the track...

Terribly low in a built up area. Yikes!